Clean the Air

Discussion in Home & Garden started by davbopol13 • Jun 27, 2014.

1. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I have just recently found out that having just one house plant can clean the air within 1oo feet of the plant! This works better and is less expensive than air purifiers, plus will beautify your home. How many house plants do you own?:eek::eek:

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I have about 10 houseplants or so. A lot of them are air purifiers, which definitely increases their appeal. Mostly, though, I like the way they look and how they bring some green to the apartment. :)

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I own just two plants at the moment. Even in my small flat I can still fit a few more, I just need to buy them :D What kind they are, I can't tell - both of them I purchased from the supermarket at a discount, not from specialized shops. That they clean the air, I already knew - but for 1oo feet? That's something!

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have also heard that as well. The reason is they absorb the toxins in the air. I have heard Philodendron is the best one to have. But sadly, I do not currently own any house plants. Your findings though are causing me to think about that and possibly buy one in the future. It is easier to water from the inside and maybe if I had one it would help me to remember to water those on the outside as well!

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Really, I haven't heard anything about this yet nor I have though of it. But I think it's worth taking a try because it sounds true and sound to be making sense. Also it's more environment-friendly than artificial and synthetic air fresheners, that are pollutants and harmful to the environment and to our health. So to all those who are using air-fresheners, I think should try first maintaining a plant at home and see how it turns, if it were effective.

6. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard this, but never really thought about it or put much stock into it. I think I will be trying this, I live in the city so the outside always smells weird to me (I was raised in the country in fresh air) so if you leave the door open you smell the city smells and they are not appealing. Plus, leaving the doors close can make it stuffy and smell musty. I think plants would make a good touch, plus they just look nice anyway. I'd need one that didn't require much sun. I only have 2 windows in my apartment and giant trees stand in front so it is almost always shady in my house.