Cleaning a swimming pool

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Strykstar • Aug 19, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you think it's worth buying one of those little robots that clean the bottom of the swimming pool or is it just better to hire someone to do it/bring his own since they also do other cleaning services and are generally a higher quality service than just the robot?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't used the robots myself, but there's a third option available, too.

We clean our own pool. We bought the vacuum cleaning system and it works fine. It's not always easy, but I think it does a pretty good job.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    The vacuum systems work kind of like the robot, you just have to maneuver it ourselves right?
    That might be a good option as well, I'll check if it's significantly less expensive than just getting the robot, thanks for the tip!

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    The swimming pool robot works great and is well worth the investment. Never had much of a problem with it breaking down or anything and it does a great job keeping the pool clean. So if you're planning on staying in a place with a pool for awhile, then I'd say make the investment. It's also a lot less maintenance than manually cleaning the pool or even the vacuum option as well.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really don't know how much either of them cost offhand. I just know that it's kinda nice to be able to scrub or vacuum certain sections on our own. You can't really pinpoint any particular spots with those automated robots. Then again, the automated ones can move around so much and so regularly that they also don't really allow any buildup in the first place, so I guess it can go either way.