Cloth thread count

Discussion in Home & Garden started by nonsiccus • Dec 30, 2014.

1. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Is the difference between low and high thread count really that noticeable in comfort and longevity? So far, I've only purchased average thread count bedding/linens and haven't really splurged on the "1000 count Egyptian cotton" type products because I find it difficult to justify the price increase. Do these types really last long enough to justify the cost? They do feel quite a bit softer/hardier, but I can't personally testify to their longevity.

Anyone have any experience with high thread count linens?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The high thread count is for the softness of the fabric and they are a lot smoother and comfortable. It also depends on the quality as some cheaper companies may label a products as such and it isn't. As for lasting longer, not necessarily, that is not the selling point of higher thread counts, it's more about the luxury and softness. Often you don't need fabric conditioner and does crease more easily. Personally I like to invest in pillowcases as you can feel the difference and it is an affordable luxury.

3. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I know that the higher thread count is suppose to be much more durable as well as softer, but I have never really noticed a different myself. The higher thread counts, naturally, are much more expensive so I tend to get the cheaper ones instead and they seem to keep up OK enough and are pretty soft as far as I can tell.

#3Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015