Clothes That Aren't Decent

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jul 16, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some time back on a thread [#Passenger Shaming] there was a photo of someone who was in pants that had pictures of . . . [well let's just say they were pictures of parts of men's anatomy which aren't publicly displayed because it's not right]. Now yesterday I came across guys who wore T-Shirts with similar pictures strutting around in a store.

Everyone does have a right to dress as they please but shouldn't there be some kind of code [of decency] which people ought to observe?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    There is, but I mean like you said people can dress however they want. The only time this is the exception is at schools where children can easily be influenced by what they see on a daily basis.

I usually don't mind it, to be honest. I'll take a glance, go "huh" and just keep going about my day.

It's not my body, not my choice and not my place to say anything.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Oh I wish. How I wish there was a code of decency but that would be infringing on someone's freedom of expression. I come across these types of T-Shirts all the time with vulgar images on them. At the end of the day, I'm not wearing the outfit and that is their business.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To each their own. I would never stop someone from expressing themselves in any way they choose; especially clothing. Body parts are body parts, we all have them, so I especially don't have a problem with that aspect. I don't view these things as most people do I guess. I don't sexualize everything and I don't judge a person by what they wear. I raise my children the same way.. I don't want either of them wasting their one precious life being offended by everything.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, even if there was a code of decency then unless they will be penalized for it, I guess people will still wear whatever they want, so we really can't do much about it. After all, it's their body that's being exposed anyway, not ours, so what they wear is really none of our business.

6. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    While I think people should be allowed to express themselves through their clothes, I agree that there should be an unwritten but understood code of decency. Everyone should cover up areas of their body that other people might not want to see, like the guy you were talking about, no one wants to see that! But decency is a very relative term, what one person might consider okay, another might find outrageous, we just need to figure out what's best.

7. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    Although I might find some styles disstasteful, I believe that people should be allowed to dress however they want unless it poses a health or safety hazard for themselves or those around them. Sure, I'm never too happy about seeing people showing off their underwear, but people might not like the way I wear tight shirts and skinny jeans with a "muffin top". So, unless I see someone wearing a fur coat in the middle of summer, I keep my mouth shut. (To the person wearing the fur coat in the middle of summer, why do you do that?)

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that unless it poses a health hazard, it really doesn't matter. Everyone has different style so we shouldn't restrict them. Personally, I don't like looking at any man's junk (maybe I'm just weird. I've been called asexual for that) but if we were going to restrict clothes based on what disgusted people where would it end? I mean I don't like shirts with skeletons on them and I'm sure there are other people that feel the same. Should we ban that too?

9. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Meh, to each their own. It's not exactly what I'd like to see, no, but they can wear what they want I guess. Just don't expect me to compliment them on it or be fine with it.

10. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Some of the lastest fashion I really dont agree on , but like mentioned above were all different in our own way and we express ourselved diffently so we can judge anyone. Becasue until the people stop making them and selling them we are going to always see them.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that there really should be. When people are dressing they shouldn't just think of themselves, they should also be considering others especially the children. They shouldn't wear something that they know will be some sort of traumatic for someone to see like a clothes that almost reveal everything with the one who wears them when children will see it.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think kids really know anything about that stuff. I never knew really anything about the human body until I experienced sex or periods. I guess I was a little more sheltered than the kids of today but even so while they may see sexual things they don't really understand it. It's just a shirt. It's not going to attack them so I don't see what there would be to be traumatized about.

13. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Nah, kids do know. They know from the day they're born. For example, did you know that boys will play with themselves from their first moments of having a penis and hands? Even in the womb.

They just don't think it's anything shameful or anything bad. They see it as hilarious if anything. Why do you think babies will love streaking so much?

14. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Nah, kids do know. They know from the day they're born. For example, did you know that boys will play with themselves from their first moments of having a penis and hands? Even in the womb.

They just don't think it's anything shameful or anything bad. They see it as hilarious if anything. Why do you think babies will love streaking so much?

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't care at all what people want to wear. I have seen guys wear t-shirts that made them look like proper idiots, but who cares, they sure didn't. If anyone feels offended by such t-shirts than why don't they just look away? Obviously, there are places where offensive clothing will not be permitted, such as in restaurants or places where children congregate. But all that is required, is a change of clothes. It would be more difficult to deal with if someone had male genitalia tattooed onto a visible part of their body.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not, I don't think that people are free and entitled to wear whatever they want. There's always a limit. Imagine if a child saw those pants..... I think people can wear what they want, as long as it doesn't offend someone else.