Clothing Patterns?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SterlingJay0123 • Jan 19, 2016.

1. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    Hi guys!
    So I recently have gotten into the idea of making my own clothes. When I was younger and didn't have a lot of disposable income (aka broke) I used to upcycle a lot of my older clothes, to try to turn them into something that fit more with what was trendy at the time. Unfortunately as I've gotten older, it's gotten a little harder to make clothes that fit my life through upcycling. It wouldn't be appropriate to upcycle and old shirt by cutting holes in the back anymore. ;) Generally I've always been into sewing, but I've never gotten into the habit of making clothing by myself. I know how to use patterns, but I'd rather not spend ten to twenty dollars on a pattern for something that I might mess up, and which I could put towards buying nicer clothes instead.
    Does anyone have resources which include more modern patterns, or tips for drafting your own designs?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    DIY is the new thing and even people like me who have limited sewing experience can try their hand at it. Here are a few sites I found that might be right up your alley:

(this has cool Star Wars aprons)

(This has 900 sewing patterns for beginners).

(This site has over 4,000 patterns but it looked like other types of patterns like bags, toys, and decorations. This might be better for gift giving but require more skill).