Coastal Glasses First Pair Free

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by blurinoctober • Nov 27, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen this going around the internet a lot, but I had no idea if it was a legitimate thing. I've yet to try to get my own, but people I know have started to order and get some in! They seem to love them so far (enough to pay for another pair!) and as I've seen pictures of the actual glasses, I don't think it's a scam.

"Hey all, if you use the coupon code FBFREE at check out you get a free pair of eye glasses. You only pay shipping and some other minimal charges if you want protective coating and/or anti-glare coating. My total at check out came out less than $15.00."

I think it's worth a shot, as I haven't heard anything bad! There's also this link:

Let me know if you've done this and what kind of results you go!

2. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    So you have to buy a pair before you get a pair free?

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    My total came out to $146. So apparently this first pair free thing has limitations. First off, they charge you for the frames, and if you want ultra thin lenses (which most people are going for these days)...it's an extra $40 dollars. This is basically an offer for people with good eye-sight that has a few limitations. Who don't need very high prescriptions. Not for people with lazy eye or bad sight in one eye.

4. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Great, thanks for the review!

I'm fortunate enough to have good eyesight and not need any prescription for it but the question is, do they even do regular glasses with no prescription lenses?

5. ambientnoise

ambientnoiseNew Member

Threads:

No, you do not have to buy a pair to get a pair for free. I have done this twice and gotten two pairs of glasses for under $15 each. Basically, there are a select amount of frames that you can choose from. You pick which frames you want, and put in your prescription #'s. If you get ALL of the basic presets (regular width glass, regular materials) then all you have to pay is the shipping cost to get the glasses to your house. They ship it in a small box and you get a blue hard-glasses case. Inside the glasses case is your glasses and a small plastic baggie that contains a keychain mini-screwdriver to adjust your glasses with and a nice soft blue glasses cleaning cloth.

The "First Pair" function seems to be tied to your address and possibly your e-mail, but not your payment method. I used two different addresses (my address and my parents' address) and two different e-mails but paid with the same card to get two pairs of glasses for about $28. I just recently moved so I will be doing this again at my new address once I can pony up the $$ to do so.

On a side note, if you have astigmatism in your prescription it may cost extra for you. If you want the skinny lenses it will cost you extra. If you want anything other than regular, standard glasses with a regular, standard prescription it will probably be costing you a bit extra.

I'm not sure if you could get glasses without a prescription. If not, another option would be just to do this and select the absolute weakest possible prescription.

As for the glasses themselves, I love them. They have some pretty unique designs you can choose from. They are comfortable and stylish.

For under $15, I have no complaints.

#5Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012