Coca Cola or Pepsi?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Apr 8, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I am a true Coca Cola and products drinker. I drink other drinks to but Coca Cola is my go to soda pop. I have to have one every day. Coca Cola tends to be a stronger cola in which I like. Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest. I can not taste the difference.

Coke, and Pepsi taste the same to me. The only difference is that Pepsi leaves a slight after taste. Other than that they taste identical. Although i drink Coke more often. It is not because it taste better. It is because of tradition.

My mom loved coke. She always kept a bottle in the house. Which means i grew up drinking it. Why would i switch now?

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Coke more than Pepssi, some people say they're the same, well for me they're not. I mean, Pepsi has that sweet tang on it that is very distinguishable, kind of like when you put a few drops of brandy on a coffee, I mean you can't taste it that clearly, but its there. I prefer Coke more, I mean maybe because its the product I grew up with as a kid and the taste has solidified itself on my taste buds, but If I had to choose between the red or the blue, I'd go red anytime.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't tell the difference either and I'm convinced the whole Coke vs. Pepsi thing was a joint effort on behalf of both companies to monopolize the market. They created a false scenario where they were the only two big players in the game, which in turn snuffs out any competition. I'm sure Coke would much rather compete with just one competitor and secure half the market, than have multiple competitors and only a fraction of the market.

Progressive Insurance did something similar years ago when they started offering their rate comparisons - they had previously been a smaller carrier, but once they started putting their name along side other big carriers, then they associated themselves with those brands and suddenly became perceived as a big brand as well.

The only time I could taste a difference between colas, would be years ago, when buying the dollar store brands of it. But even those have improved dramatically and taste just like Coke or Pepsi. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they are manufacturing the colas for dollar stores as well and simply selling them under another brand, similar to what Aldi does.

5. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    Coca Cola. Pepsi is too sweet. In fact, the Pepsi challenge always favored Pepsi because of this. People would have a sip of Pepsi and one of Coke, and would prefer Pepsi because it was sweeter. Coca Cola freaked out over it and made "New Coke," which all coke fans hated because it was overly sweet. Turns out people like sweet things for a taste, but do not like it as much over the course of a whole beverage. I grew up in the south and Pepsi seems to be favored more in the North, but I think overall, geographical boundaries and all, Coke is better. It has a deeper taste and, as I said, not as sweet.