Coffee Creamer

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 9, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been using Coffeemate for the longest time and I'm wanting to change it up a little. Recently I've been using milk or full cream instead, but I'm wondering if there are some other brands similar to Coffeemate I could check out as I like the flavoring a that come with these things. I especially like vanilla but also hazlenut is good as well.

What do you guys use as cream on your coffee? Any alternatives to Coffeemate that might be worth checking out?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To tell you the truth, I don't even know what Coffeemate is. Is it a paste or powder that you add to your coffee? Or is it some sweetener?
    I only ever have a bit of soy milk with my coffee. I don't like any kind of sweetener, and if soy milk isn't available, I will drink it black with a glass of water.
    I have never used cream or anything else in my coffee, apart from hot water and soy milk.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I love my coffee black but my roomies use coffeemate. If I wanted to substitute it, I'd use a tiny it of cream. If you want to cut calories but still add sweetness, I'd suggest trying out a vanilla flavored almond or soy milk? Might have less calories but still give you the sweet flavor.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    There are lots of coffee "creamers" out there. Many of them are no really cream at all. I personally use only half & half or milk depending on what's available. You have to watch out for the flavored creamers because many of them contain hydrogenated oils, artificial flavors and lots of yucky preservatives. They may taste good, but they are terribly bad for you. I would just stick with the real dairy and add some honey if you need a little sweetening. You can get quality flavored syrups at a grocery store, but you may need to ask where they are. You probably won't need to use much per cup, so it should last a long time.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stopped using creamer to save calories but I do use a calorie free syrup in my coffee which I like for coffee I drink at home. When I get coffee I will add creamer to the coffee mostly because it is too strong.

6. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    In my work office we're provided with many variations of creamers and a large variety of flavors. I enjoy trying a different flavor of creamer every day to keep things spiced up and to see if I find a new favorite. Currently my favorite is irish cream. It's milky, yet not as sweet as vanilla creamers. It's a subtle touch to a good cup of coffee.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the original flavor (plain creamer), Coffeemate is my favorite brand. There are some other "rich and creamy" ones that are decent but not quite as good. I've made myself get used to other brands, because Coffeemate is generally so much more expensive than others. As far as liquid creamers or flavored creamers, I prefer French Vanilla. I buy the Walmart brand or Aldi brand, both of which are quite good, and much less expensive than brand name creamers. I treat myself once in a while, but most often I use milk.

8. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've honestly never heard of Coffeemate either until this topic.
    It does seem like a good solution if you like cream in your coffee, the only thing I add to mine is a splash of milk when I'm drinking my morning coffee though so I don't know much about adding cream.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the creamy taste of Coffeemate; but i know that it is not good for you, and usually just put milk in my coffee. However, I discovered a compromise that works well for me. I use my small blender jar, put in some milk, and then add a little bit of Coffeemate powder to that and blend. If you want flavored, it is easy to add vanilla, cinnamon, or whatever flavor you enjoy. I just blend it for a few seconds to mix in the Coffeemate, and then keep it in the refrigerator.
    It is richer than milk; but is still more like using milk in the coffee rather than powdered creamer.

10. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly I'd rather add real cream or evaporated milk although it might be more expensive. These things are perishable by nature, so to convert them into powdered form as Coffeemate requires loads of additives and preservatives which may not be good for you, given how regularly coffee is consumed.