Coffee Shop Rewards

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DancingLady • Sep 4, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite coffee shops has a really nice reward program where you get a stamp for every drink you buy, after 10 Stamps you get a free one. Wednesday you get double stamps too. I discovered that if I combine this with using my Amazon rewards card, which I get double rewards at restaurants, I am saving quite a bit on my coffee purchases. This is an independent shop, not a chain like Starbucks or Dutch Brothers.

Do other shops do this kind of thing or is this pretty unique?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We have a family run coffee shop in the down town area where we are from and they have a similar rewards system. I think its a great way for people to draw in business. They also have a bowl with business cards where people can put their cards in and then have a chance for a free beverage at the end of the month. I think this and other promotions will help small businesses to keep their head above water with the rising popularity of bigger named chains like Starbucks. The downside is that their prices are about the same as Starbucks. I think if they could find a way to lower their prices, then they would have an even better chance at competing. But maybe by offering more rewards it would work the same.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think Starbucks is actually the most expensive coffee shop in my town, and known for the lowest quality. I'm not sure why that is, but everytime I've gotten a chai latte at Starbucks I was not happy with it and I think their coffee is more bitter than most of the others.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most coffee shops have them including McDonalds for their coffee which is quite easy to build up as many people leave or throw away their cups with the token on still.
    It is competitive and it can be worth it as you get a stamp for any hot beverage. Starbucks, Caffe Nero and Costa all do cards for their drinks and it does make a difference as when I am out with friends, some will say they have a card they have nearly filled and choose to go there because of that.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think the loyalty is the biggest factor with reward cards. Just keeping a good solid base of regular customers is such a huge thing in the restaurant business that even though it decreases their profit margin on individual drinks, they end up with lot and lots more sales because people keep coming back.

6. johnlena112

johnlena112New Member

Threads:
    HOUSE REWARDS... allow us the opportunity to show you our appreciation and to reward you for your loyalty. We know that you have many choices in the marketplace, but hopefully you have discovered that both the service and the quality at Beans & Brews Coffee House is superior to that of our competitors. We can also assure you that nobody appreciates your business quite like a locally owned and operated business. If you do not yet have a House Rewards card, pickup one FREE today from any Beans & Brews location!

7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    My coffee shop does this too. I appreciate it and always enjoy my free drink. I'm going to go there regardless so a reward is great. Some other local shops around town do reward cards...bookstores and the like. It's a good way to reward your loyal customers in a way that big box or online stores cannot.