Coffee: What Kind do You Drink?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tulosai • Jan 14, 2015.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Do you drink coffee with or without caffeine? Are there any flavors in particular that you love?

I'm trying to cut down on caffeine in general but truthfully still usually take my coffee with it. My favorite flavors tend to be seasonal and to vary with the month- right now I love peppermint and french vanilla!

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Well, any coffee would have some degree of caffeine in it. The decaf version has about 1%-2% of caffeine inside of it. I like to drink regular coffee with hazelnut creamer and a teaspoon of sugar.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I drink coffee, which is rarely because it makes my heart jitter too much, I simply drink straight black. All this fancy flavored and different concentrate of coffee is for colorful people who waste too much time in relishing over a drink - add some sugar and possibly some cream, then it's good to go! Also, I don't understand this decaf drinkers, because all such people have to do is drink a less amount of coffee and you will consume less caffeine, it's that simple.

4. globulon

globulonMember

Threads:
    Huge coffee fan over here! I don't usually go for anything fancy, just drip coffee with a splash of milk. If I'm feeling especially indulgent, I'll add some hazelnut cream as well!

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    So many choices to sip and savor. My favorite is Godiva or Nordstrom brand but on a budget, I like Trader Joes instant, Eight ""O clock in hazelnut and Dunkin Donuts cinnamon. Starbucks is okay in a pinch but I prefer Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Flavors enhance coffee when done right.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a good strong espresso without anything. I'm not into the fancy coffees so much as long as it is made well. Weak coffee is not even worth drinking and when people serve coffee with granules at the bottom it ruins the whole experience. I don't mind filter coffee as long as it has been left long enough. I would rather have one good cup than several weak cups, as some people tend to add more water to stretch their coffee and that to me ruins it.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love coffee, and it has to be filter coffee too. I take it with creamer and sugar (sadly I can't seem to kick the bad sugar habit!). The first thing my husband does when he gets up, is get the coffee machine going, and we both have two cups per day with breakfast. I don't usually go flavours, but if I do caramel works best for me :)

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink coffee because I need it. So to drink it without caffeine eliminates my purpose for drinking coffee. And because I don't drink it for pleasure, I just drink it the way it is without creamer and sweetener. And because I have been doing that for a long time now, I have already gotten the pleasure from doing it. And it just feels good to drink it without anything else, other than what makes it coffee, itself.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see the appeal of decaf coffee, I think there are much better tasting drinks out there. I drink coffee in the morning to keep me alert, I typically grab an espresso or simply black coffee with 2 bags of sugar. Starbucks and numerous coffee chains seem like quite a waste of money to me, I'd just stop by a small cafe for some cheap coffee instead.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink those ready made coffees in sachets, they're cheap and they taste ok. I like the creamy variants and I avoid the darker variants. I like my coffee sweet and creamy.

11. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I just prefer three-in-one coffee in a sachet. Starbucks and her siblings, including her Korean cousins, are just fancy coffee that I can live without. I only drink the expensive coffee when I want to, not when I need to. For just a fraction of a cost, I can already enjoy coffee for breakfast or during the morning break.

However, recently, I decreased my coffee intake because coffee in a sachet has sugar in it. In fact, the first or second ingredient at the back (I forgot if it was first or second) is refined sugar. That's why I shift to drinking tea instead. Should I drink coffee, I only do so on Sundays when I'm feeling cozy and lazy at home.

12. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I'm not fond of the coffee you buy in stores but I do like Tim Horton's coffee over Starbucks, it's quite addictive, and it gives you a jolt for the morning, I find that if I buy three mediums for the day I start getting the shakes because of the quantity of caffeine it contains, I'm trying to cut down to one a day, much caffeine is way too hard on the heart and it keeps me up way too late at night.

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I used to drink coffee a lot, probably five times a day. It is necessary to keep me awake especially when I am on night-shift. I don't have any particular brand or type of coffee, just as long as it is a coffee, it is good enough for me. Due to some medical conditions, the doctor forbid me to drink coffee and if ever I feel the urged to drink one, it should be decaffeinated coffee and on a limited basis. Now, I rarely drink coffee. I've switched to drinking skimmed milk instead.

14. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I love my Starbucks. My favorite is the Mocha Frap, but I can't have that everyday, because I would become obese if I did. However, Starbucks is my daily guilty pleasure and I settle for a simple mocha, either iced or hot. It is still a little high in calories compared to a regular cup of java, but I have to allow myself something and it is just once a day in the morning.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink coffee mostly for the caffeine. I like espresso made on a little stove top espresso pot.
    I can't really enjoy Starbucks unless someone else is buying because it really bothers me to spend $5 on a beverage.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've stopped drinking coffee long ago because I just lost the taste for it but I still do drink some from time to time. Nowadays if I wanted one I'd probably go for decaf as much as possible because I don't like the effect of caffeine on me as it tends to keep me up at night even when I drink it in the morning. The cold coffee drinks at Starbucks is also good too but usually I just order other flavors.

17. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Starbucks coffee is OK but I try not to use their stores as they have been using tax-evasion strategies in the UK, where I like. I stick to a British chain called Costa - the coffee is fairly decent and it is slightly cheaper. If I am watching the pennies, I just get a standard white coffee from McDonalds, they taste OK for the price.

18. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I only drink one kind of coffee, and that's Barako. I don't know if Barako is in other countries, but it's very popular in a certain province in the Philippines. It's a strong kind of coffee bean type, and it's quite delicious. People in this certain province don't put creamer, but they do drink their coffee quite sweet.

We actually own a coffee shop in the city because we own a Barako bean farm. That's probably why I love that certain kind of coffee only.

19. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I love french vanilla coffee of any kind. Another favorite of mine are dark chai lattes. I can drink dark chais hot or cold anytime of the year.

20. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like alkaline coffee the most. White coffee, mocha frappucino, choco-vanilla and other coffee flavours would taste even greater if they're all alkaline. There's this plant-based alkaline coffee my family and I are regularly consuming and drinking it is like hitting several birds with one stone. Since it's alkaline and therefore not acidic, it's okay to drink it even on an empty stomach. Second, unlike commercial and gourmet coffees, this herbal coffee hardly causes palpitations. Third, the effect is the same: you feel energetic in a way that's smooth and natural.