Coke zero

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Sep 22, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone think this stuff tastes like regular Coca Cola? My husband swears it tastes the same to him. I notice a huge difference. We made the switch to Coke zero because it's zero Weight Watcher points.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    It´s funny thing about this drink. My friends, fans of this brand, assert that this drink is tastier than regular Coke. I tried it a few times, but I didn't notice a big difference. The taste is the same (even a little artificial) and without gas, I think it becomes a syrup-like, but with a smoother texture. True, it's an interesting alternative if we want to take care of sugar intake. The price difference is another value to consider, because at least in my city, Coca Cola Zero is more expensive than the regular drink. Is it more addictive? We we will never know.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh it definitely doesn't taste the same. If he thinks it does, then more power to him. There are a lot of people who actually drink Coke Zero because they like the taste -better- than regular Coke. If you don't drink much or don't notice differences in tastes much, then meh, drink whatever, I suppose.

4. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I think it tastes the same for the most part but I don't drink colas unless I am drinking them with liquor. Individually they taste the same but as mixers, I can notice the difference. I think the way it mixes with liquor makes it taste different than regular Coke so I would go with regular Coke in that case but if Coke Zero is the only thing around it will work just fine.

5. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I don't drink soda any longer, but I did have it when it first came out. I didn't like it at all. I doesn't taste anything like the regular Coke to me.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think it tastes the same as regular Coke, but it does have a viscosity similar to it. Regular Coke always seemed a bit "thicker" or more syrupy in my mouth than Diet Coke. That's actually one of the reasons I prefer Diet Coke, because I don't feel like it's coating my mouth.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I admit I am a Zero Coke fan. To be fair, I haven't had real regular Coke in years. So, after drinking diet coke for so long, it does seem to taste more like regular coke. Don't get me wrong, I still drink diet coke, when the zero isn't available.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No they don't taste the same. The regular Coke is much sweeter as compared to Coke Zero, and I didn't like the taste of Coke Zero too, too bland for me. The regular Coke, meanwhile, tastes too sweet in my opinion. So I prefer to drink Pepsi and Pepsi Max.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I've never noticed Coke as sweet, because it was always so um "bright" in my mouth. I guess it comes of drinking so many clear sodas versus dark ones.

10. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    NO! It doesn't come close to regular Coke. I think that the regular coke is way too sweet compared to this one. I don;t like Coke zero because I can't taste anything from it. In fact I even taste it as salty. :p

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's funny how your tastes can change over time though. I used drink tons of regular coke as a kid (this was back when they still used real sugar in it). I quit drinking soda all together for a few years because I had braces, and when I finally did start drinking it again I switched to diet because I was trying to loose some weight. When they started selling coke made with sugar again, I tried it and didn't like it at all.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    When I used to drink soda pop I noticed the huge difference between Coke Zero and regular Coca Cola. It's amazing how the company masks it as tasting like regular coke when the taste is definitely different. I'm surprised others can't notice the difference.