Cold Weather

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Feb 9, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my country we have been having one of the coldest winter ever and a lot of people have been sick. More, in January the record for electricity consumption was beaten. Usually how do you face the cold to remain healthy?

2. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    Bundle up! I hate hate hate the cold. I wear about 3-5 layers everyday, even when I'm inside my own house. I also take super warm showers, which usually leave me looking like a lobster. I'm trying to quell that habit as I always get extremely dry skin during the winter, which has to do with the dryness of winter in general as well my long, hot showers. Oh, I make sure to moisturize! My skin gets flaky/cracked if I don't. I'm just waiting for the day I can move somewhere warm year round :D

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Eat, drink, and rest well to be healthy, its that simple. When the weather becomes colder and people still have to do their daily lifestyles, often many people forget to adjust their ways to current weather environment and they overwork their bodies which lowers their immune systems, thus increasing the risk to be exposed to diseases and illnesses. Also, people who live in snowed in areas should take it easy when shoveling or removing snow especially older people, because this has caused a lot of people to have heart-attacks from too much physical stress on their hearts trying to keep warm and supply oxygen. Lastly, keep yourself bundled well in layers and stay hydrated.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yes, nothing like going back to the basics and try to eat healthy and exercise, but at the same time is that enough valiantx? I doubt that the nutrients provided these days by the considered healthy foods might be enough.

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I was unfortunate to have no hot water for a week recently, and it was very tough getting through with just electric heating, not to mention the expensive. However having said that, the winter in the UK has not been that bad this year.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Oooo, so no hot water for one week? How did you manage to shower? I've had my share of cold showers, it's really energetic, we get all boosted out of there, but with this cold it really hurts!

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Cold weather really makes me lazy cause I just want to stay and cuddle up in bed. I do wear thick layers of clothes inside the house and more layers when I am outside. I am trying to minimize using the heater as our electricity bills are soaring high like an eagle in the sky, lol. My skin gets dry and flaky and I have to use a lot of cream or moisturizer.

But this week, we are having a fine day, not too cold and not so hot either. At least I am getting a break from the cold weather. This is my time to shine until another cold week comes.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just stick my fan heater - or heater fan, for those that live in different countries. I have learned that that is what you guys call them - on. I don't like to leave it on for too long though, because of the electric bill. But I will turn it on and take it off in intervals. I also wrap up, and we put the heating on in our house. I am not a fan of radiator heat though for some reason.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How do I stay healthy? Do I even need to continue typing?? LOL.. I think everyone who pays me any attention at all knows how I would answer this lol, so I'll just drop the mic now......................

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that cold weather is everywhere and one should be very careful when they are in this weather. You can get I'll very fast in this weather. The best thing to do is use a good set of warm clothes.

11. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I hate bundling up - it's so uncomfortable feeling - so I wear as little as I can. With that said, right now I am wearing two layers of clothing because it's in the low 30's and we don't have central heating right now. I'm a native Floridian so the 30's is like arctic weather to me!

And my skin dries out really easily in cold weather so during the winter I put moisturizer and chapstick on often - everyday when I remember to. I think those are the only things I really do differently.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't change anything much really. I do wrap up to the point of resembling a mummy because I hate the cold. I have on so many layers, It can get uncomfortable. Thermal underwear is a must, of course! I usually stock up on Berocca and multivitamins to stave off the colds and flus.