Collectibles

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by burdianex • May 20, 2013.

1. burdianex

burdianexNew Member

Threads:
    I feel that they would fall under this category as well, I'm talking about limited edition toys, trading cards, comics, coins etc.

I've acquired a handful of these items over the years, some that I bought, others that I already owned. I feel that while they won't be as easy to sell as say gold or silver, they should still hopefully retain their value.

Anyone else own any of these items or believe it's a good investment as well?

2. oracewx

oracewxNew Member

Threads:
    I do have some collectibles that I used to collect when I was younger. I know that many people collects trading cards but I don't find them attractive so I don't collect them. I collect comic books instead. It was a fun hobby but I no longer have the time and money to keep up with this hobby anymore, sadly.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't, but my husband has quite a bit. His father collected stamps and now he has them. Tons of them lol. He also has a LOT of the original star wars toys. Some he played with himself and others his father had kept in box for him.

4. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I have some books on records for kids. I've been meaning to see what they might possibly be worth. I do not have a record player, so I guess I will have to see.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's hard to predict what will become a collectible. There are Beanie Babies that are worthless, yet there are discontinued Littlest Pet Shop toys that sell for $90 apiece on eBay because of their rarity.

If you're thinking about amassing collectibles, at least get things that you really like ,so that if they don't sell or go up in value ,at least you can enjoy them.

6. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I've always been a Disney lover, and when I was younger my mum and nanny collected figurines. They've all be left to me, I'd say there's probably about £20000 worth of figurines as they have some really rare pieces, and pieces I've seen people pay in excess of £2000 on ebay for. I won't sell them if I don't ever have to as I adore them, but if you're a dedicated collector of something specific, then yes, there is money to be made.