Combination Deals, Bogos And Other Promotions

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Diane Lane • Sep 4, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do y'all think of combination deals? I personally am a fan of BOGOs (buy one, get one), primarily when they are BOGO FREE, but not when they are BOGO at 10% off, or some other paltry savings.

One of my favorite things is when I shop at HEB, which is a local, Texas based grocery chain, and they have combination deals for dinner. The deal is set up in the center of an aisle, usually the first main aisle people walk in, after going through the produce section, at the entrance to the store.

The display is near the deli section, where many people are shopping for something quick for dinner after they get off work. The combination is that a shopper purchases something like a rotisserie chicken (cooked), and the freebies are layered in a display around the rotisserie display. The freebies usually include a package of rolls, a can of vegetables, and something else such as a container of potato salad, or cole slaw. The price is a steal, so it's pretty much a no-brainer to get it if your family enjoys that type of food, and I'm sure this promotion draws in a lot of shoppers.

What are your favorite types of promotions?