Comcast's Streaming Service Vs Netflix

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Dec 17, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Comcast streaming services costs $15 a month which is a little more expensive than Netlix but there streaming service is exempt from data caps.

Comcast started to implement data caps to encourage their customers to start using their streaming service. Their customers get 300GB of data a month but if they go beyond that they'll have to pay some extra money. Since this will affect most people who watch movies and TV shows online the extra cost will make all streaming services [including Netflix] more expensive than Comcast's streaming service [for Comcast customers].

If you are a Comcast customer do you think the $15 a month streaming service is a better deal? Would you ditch Netflix for Xfinity TV?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did not know there was a streaming service available from Comcast or that there is a cap on the amount of data a person can stream. We have 4 people using the internet, playing games, looking at tv and using Netflix. How do we find out about the cap on the data usage?

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's relatively easy to check your data usage. Just log in to your account on Comcast's website and you'll find the information you seek. There have been complaints in the past though that Comcast doesn't accurately measure internet usage. so the figure you get on the site might not be all that accurate.

Or you could use the Xfinity app to monitor your daily usage.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well all I had to see was fifteen dollars a month to already be somewhat biased towards Netflix, but I am also a person who operates under the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" type of thinking so I am just happy with what I have, and it is cheaper. It would have to offer a significant more material for me to consider a change, but to each their own.