Comparing prices

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we just shop in the supermarket that is closer to us and this can cost us because even though the products are the same from store to store the prices aren't and comparing them always brings us a benefit.

Do you have the habit to compare prices between different supermarkets?

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but I honestly only do it for these two places that I shop at that are not even half a mile away from each other. I usually spend time 2 days before looking at their ads. I then make a list and choose what to get at each place. I will run into one place, usually for anywhere from 2-6 items. Then I get most of the other things at the other store. Since it really only maybe take an extra 10 minutes out of my shopping day and no extra gas, it makes sense to me. Some people do this and drive all over the city. That isn't worth it to me! :)

3. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    No. I do not compare prices.

imply because i shop at Walmart. Walmart always has the lowest prices. They have a match the price policy. They match the price of any advertised price of any product. So there is never any need for me to shop at any other store. Walmart is the best. I shop fro electronics, groceries, and medicine. All in the same place. With the guaranteed lowest prices on the market.

You can't beat that.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's pretty great having a store where everything is better, what happens to competition in that case? Is it a monopoly? In my country we have two major supermarket chains with equivalent prices, but one is better in fresh products and other makes the better promotions, so I go to one or another according to what I need.

5. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    You are right.

In terms of quality they are all virtually the same. However Walmart wins out because their store is so diverse. They literally sell everything you could possibly need in one store. They have everything, From soap, to car batteries.

With their lowest price guarantee, and their close proximity to my home why would i ever shop anywhere else?

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's true, if it's close to you, all the products you need are there and the price is the best it's the perfect situation for any consumer, that is why Walmart is such a huge chain and with the amounts they buy, they are also getting the better margins.