Compressed air

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Jessi • May 26, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    7048275995_54ec8a1a9c.

I actually don't have a preferred brand. Any ol' cheap stuff seems to do the trick all the same.

The reason why I'm mentioning it, though, is because if you regularly use it to clean out your computer, DVD player, etc, you can actually prevent them from failing. That'll save you a ton of money from not having to repair or replace those items. It's amazing how much dust gathers inside. :(

2. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    Like you, I will use any brand available. The funny thing is, because of people using it for purposes other than cleaning, when I buy it at certain places, they ask for ID. I laugh almost every time.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It is amazing how much dust electronics gather and canned air is the best way to clean them. It is good to try and blow them out about once a month. Doing that will prolong the life of expensive electronics, especially computers.
    There were people sniffing this stuff and it has led to deaths in some cases. Most of the incidents involved teenagers so that is probably why they ask for ID now.

4. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I knew about the huffing thing but they don't ask for ID if you buy air freshener. That's what gets me. You can do the same thing with air freshener and it's cheaper than canned air.

5. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, I have never seen any product like this. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy yourself an electrical compressor with an adequate "pistol"? Then you can use it when you want, and it's not that expensive. And it can be also used for inflating various objects, like sport balls, matresses, etc. by having a pressure indicator gauge. Also, with a small adapter and paint container, you can use it to paint things quickly. My dad bought one a long time ago and we still use it.

6. Jessi

Threads:
    If you actually had a use for doing all those things, sure. Personally, there aren't any kids around any more, so no balls to blow up. No inflatable mattresses either. A can of compressed air only costs a couple bucks and lasts for many, many months, so it makes more sense for us to just buy that. Good idea, though, if you have other uses for one!

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh these things are so useful for blowing dust and debris off of my keyboards and computers! The only downside is that every time I try to actually buy a can, they ask for an ID because apparently, I'm gonna snuff the stuff instead of, I don't know, clean my computer?

8. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    Yes, this is a super product and one that should be put away in a closet when not in use. It has been reported a year ago that teens were dying from this product, so that is why an ID is required.

9. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    But it does happen all too often. I don't think asking for an ID is going to prevent anything, but at least they have the right thought. I also get ID's sometimes for permanent markers and white out!

10. Jessi

Threads:
    Btatro, it at least cuts down on teenagers being able to directly buy it themselves and run off to do things with it. Yes, their parents may buy it and they can steal it, but that's slightly more complicated than a single teen being able to go into a store, buy 10 cans for all their buddies, and never being questioned at all.

11. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I used a desktop computer for a while, now I use a laptop. I have not heard of this product. but it seems to be a great thing to have and use.

12. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I just used one of these to clean out the inside of my computer. I love this stuff. Plus, it's kind of fun seeing all that dust blow out. lol