Computer Chair Discussion

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Aug 18, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm about to buy a new computer chair and I'm thinking of getting be of the basic and average priced ones. Not really the cheapest but probably just a notch or two above that. Although I'm thinking if I should just save up some more and go for an even more expensive chair since I'm presumably going to be using it for a long time anyway.

What type of computer chair do you guys use? How much did you pay for it and how long did it last? Are there any particular models or brands that you would recommend over others or do you think any basic one pretty much would do the trick?

2. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    Having a proper computer chair is as important as having a good mattress, specially if you plan on sitting in front of the computer for longer periods of time. I sadly have a cheap one that is half broken, held up my a cheap PVC pipe since the adjustable height thingy couldn't hold me up any longer. I think i paid around 40€ for it, max. If you think you can to spend a bit more on the chair you will have for the rest of your life, you should definitely buy a chair by Herman Miller. Those are about $1000 dollars though, expensive stuff. Ikea Markus costs "only" $200 and is supposedly really good, but definitely not as good as the Herman Miller ones. Depends on the amount of money you are willing to spend, but I would suggest you invest in a comfy chair.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with Kek it very important to have a comfortable computer chair to sit in and work. If you are a work from home person being comfortable is a must. I always as mentioned above look for a good cushion if the chair does not come with one and you don't want to spend a lot of money on one I suggest buying an chair cushion pillow cause the chairs can get very expensive. Then you would want to make sure that it has a great back on it cause there nothing like a leaning chair so a study back is a must.