Cool Mist Air Humidifiers

Discussion in Home & Garden started by DrRipley • Aug 25, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I live in a very tropical area where it gets really hot during summers and really most of the year, so I've been looking into possibly getting a cool must humidifier, but I thought I'd ask here to see if any of our forum members have had the chance to try it out first.

I've read up on it and it seems like there can be risks involved in terms of the filters getting dirty and causing asthma, and also some that don't turn off automatically when the water runs out. I will probably just get the ones with automatic mechanisms but I really would prefer not having to maintain filters if possible but I don't think that any product offers it.

I'd also like to find out if it works well in a semi open space because I'm planning on using it in a den with big open windows and I'm wondering if it wouldn't work as well if it's not in an enclosed space, especially since I'm only most likely going to be purchasing a fairly small version of this device.

I'd also love to hear if it's really that much better to get a branded one or if getting a more generic one would just yield the same results.

[​IMG]