Cord cutting and the world cup

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by lovemwaf • Jun 23, 2014.

1. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I am one of those individuals that have migrated to the internet. I literally live my life online and it so extreme that i got to a point where i felt that i do not need to have a cable connection for my tv any more. So i let go of those bills. But now it has come back to haunt me as i am a fervent soccer fan and the world cup is on. I am really missing out on a lot of the action and i i am now more than ever tempted to make the switch back to cable tv. But i know it will only be for a short while. Is there anyone else out there in a similar predicament?

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Don't go back to cable! Do you know anybody with a cable subscription and doesn't mind sharing their password? The Watch ESPN app is carrying the games live and in replay. It's technically wrong to do so*, but it's definitely the safest and "least illegal" ways of going about it.

*The CEO of HBO says he doesn't mind it, but I don't think anyone else shares the sentiment.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    My husband sticks to watching the games on the Internet. I don't know how he does it as I don't watch the football with him but I'm sure there is a website like BBC he can go and watch from.

We don't have a cable TV and will never have because we already have a high bill of Internet and electricity every month :D

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    It's getting closer and closer to the end of the World Cup and I'm absolutely dying. I'm supporting Netherlands but I'm really really concerned as the other teams performing very well and I'm getting to miss all of these games. It's not as simple as going to the next-door neighbor and watching the match, as there are so many of them. And getting a whole lot more desperate I'm hoping somebody will be able to give me any link or any sort of direction in with check intend to end be able to access the World Cup.