Cosmetics and Concern for Mother Nature

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lemony • Nov 13, 2014.

1. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I have been browsing the internet for alternatives to popular make-up brands and I was able to find one called Yves Rocher. They are originally from France and have branches all over Europe, even in the United Kingdom. However, they do not seem to have any products circulating in the United States of America. None that I know of, at least.

I found it interesting that most of their products are high-end but are really quite affordable when they start putting up a big sale on their cosmetics. I also noticed that they usually give away free creams and lotions when you order something, which can be converted to planting one to two trees instead (if you don't want to avail of the freebies they give you). Do you know other cosmetics company that have the same amount of concern for Mother Nature?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They have a US site and you can even buy through ebates.

I used to use the products and they are nice, but there are many companies that give back to the environment, but usually with a specific product or for an anniversary of someone or something. I think it's a good gesture, but having worked in the industry, it is also a marketing ploy and tax deductible. Companies need to look green, but at the end of the day it's about sales and new products.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love Yves Rocher. I agree that their products tend to be on the steep side, but they are really good. I only buy things from there when they are on sale. :) I love the fact that their advocacy involves caring for the environment. There are only a few companies that do that nowadays.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can try Miranda Kerr's cosmetic products. Apparently she's the founder of Kora Organics, an organic skin care and beauty line. She's big on being natural and non-synthetic. Thus, she came up with this idea of launching a series of beauty and skincare products that offer "a blend of natural and certified organic ingredients" (according to Wikipedia). As for me, I go for Etude and Clio anytime of the day. I don't think these products use ingredients that are harmful to mother nature either.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Check out iherb.com. It's my favorite company online. I can't praise them often enough. They don't just offer a big selection of natural, organic, cruelty-free body products, but they also have a great range of natural supplements such as vitamins and minerals and herbal tinctures. I have been buying from them on a regular basis for many years now. This company has never let me down, and the quality of their products and their prices are superior.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think "green" is a trend now so it has turned into a marketing thing. Make it look like you are environmentally conscious and you will get more sales from people who care about that. I just wish more of the lower end brands would think about some of the thing they are doing, like using microbeads for facial scrubs, which are very harmful to the environment.