Costco Vs. Sams

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by joyful728 • Jun 26, 2015.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Which one do you prefer and why? Do you feel it is worth the membership price?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I don't currently have a membership to either one, but in the past I always went with Sam's club. My dog has severe allergies and they had a great price on generic benedryl. If I stuck to just buying the medicine, the savings would have made up for the membership price, but we always went overboard when we shopped there, so we gave up our membership to stop our bad shopping habits and we're saving more money that way.

When I was looking into getting the membership, I actually looked at both Sam's Club and Costco. The price for membership was comparable, so I went to both stores and walked around, paying attention to the brands of items that were available, and also noted the price per unit of the items I would use. Sam's Club had more of the brands I normally buy (dogfood, catfood, paper towels, etc). I have neighbors, however, that prefer Costco. It's all a matter of personal preference, so if you could take the time to walk through each store to compare, I would suggest doing that before buying a membership to either one.

3. kilospeed

kilospeedNew Member

Threads:
    Sam's Club seems to have a better variety and better prices, but I live closer to Costco so it makes more sense to go there. I wish I could go to Sam's Club more often.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I read an article this morning that the Costco chicken salad has e coli in it. They pulled it off the shelves. Be careful anyone who typically buys this during the holidays!

5. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I have only been inside Costco once and it was a long time ago. I don't even remember what I got there. Sam's Club on theother I know very well. I have gotten really great deals there and even bought toys there. As a matter of fact I bought I doll stroller and playpen set for my daughter when she was 3. They still in great condition and my daughter is now 9 almost 10!

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say I enjoy going to Sams. It is kind of like a treat for me. They have a lot more apparel and accessories then BJs or Costco does. When I was younger I got a very fashionable pair of sunglasses there for a great deal. I also think they have a better selection of jewelry and handbags then Costco. Not to mention apparel. They have a lot of high quality great name items for very reasonable prices. I used to buy a lot of speedo bathing suits there when I was a lifeguard.