Coupon Karma

Discussion in Coupons started by Jessi • Jun 10, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Have you ever been in a store and seen a coupon laying next to a product that you were already considering buying? How awesome is it that now you get a discount, too!?

When I'm shopping and decide against using one of my coupons, I go ahead and leave it near the product, too, for that very reason. I think Coupon Karma may exist....what comes around, goes around, and the good savings can be shared with everyone. :)

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I never thought about it, but I suspect you are spot on. There may be some coupon karma going on. It has happened a number of times, and in fact, just two or so weeks ago, I found a coupon that allowed me to save almost 50% on my purchase. It was something I needed too. Very interesting...

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have had it happen and it is a nice little surprise. I have also left coupons that I decided not to use for someone else to have. I like the name Coupon Karma! That is a really good name for this phenomenon.

4. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen this! I really like it because then I can save money and depending on the store possibly use that coupon in addition to any others I have for the same product!

5. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh this sounds like a great idea! I love the name and idea of Coupon Karma. The only downside is if employees take the coupons during the end of hours look about or if the coupons expire before someone can use them. I've never had Coupon Karma happen to me when I go shopping, but it's something I may start at my local Target or something.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well it's unfortunate if a coupon doesn't get used, but the chance is much higher than if the person simply throws the coupon out instead of leaving it on the shelf, right? It's better to try to pass it on than to not even consider it. :)

7. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    I do this quite a bit too. We are vegetarians so I have a lot of coupons I know we won't use and just hate to see them go to waste. I also will hand coupons directly to people if I see something in their basket I have a coupon for. My husband thinks it's a bit over the top & it embarrasses my kids but I don't care. I enjoy paying it forward!