Coupon organization

Discussion in Coupons started by kshultz06082 • May 14, 2013.

1. kshultz06082

kshultz06082New Member

Threads:
    I am wondering how everyone organizes their coupons.

I use a 3 inch 3 ring binder with baseball card holders and page dividers. My binder is set up to match the aisles in my local grocery store. In each "aisle", the coupons are sorted by brand. This makes finding the right coupon pretty simple. At the front of my binder, I have a 3 ring pencil pouch that holds a pair of scissors, an envelope to put the coupons I am using on that shopping trip in, and a pen to mark items off my shopping list. Right behind the pencil pouch is lined paper for my shopping list and notes for which store has the best sale on certain items.

So, how do you organize?

2. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I need something like that. I think I may have graduated in the couponing world, I need to get rid of my five star index card holder and use something that can hold more. I am busting out at the seams. Couponing is really addictive.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Omigosh. You are nuts.

No way with the binder plan. That is way too much work.

I take the entire coupon insert from the sunday paper, write the date on the front in a sharpie, and put the whole thing in one of those accordion files. When I need a coupon for an upcoming trip, I look online (which every site categorizes coupons by Smart Source or Redplum and the date) I cut just what I need, and I only shop with the coupons I'll actually be using during that trip.

Every once in a while I pre-cut coupons for the items I either frequently see on markdown, or things I buy often enough that I'm not necessarily waiting for a sale.

I've seen the binder people in the stores. I think they spend about 10X more time than I do on couponing and shopping and we're probably saving the same amount at the end of the month.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am the same way. I would never use a binder. I honestly just have 3 big paper clips which organize my coupons by which ones I will use soon, which ones are for online, and which ones are for later use. I am even gonna drop the whole paper clip organization method because I plan to get a bigger wallet that has a slot for each.