Couponing Like Crazy

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tinyfang • Jun 3, 2014.

1. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I tend to use coupons rarely when it comes to food related scenarios. However, I know some people who use coupons every where they go and no matter the scenario, whether it be a date, an anniversary, a regular outing, etc. Honestly, I find it embarrassing if people with me coupon the crap out of the service. It's not bad, but not very classy. ^_^

How about yourself? Do you coupon like crazy or are you casual about it and do you coupon in restaurants as well as coupon when buying food at stores or just one of them?

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I know I shouldn't care, but I too get a little embarrassed when people coupon anywhere other than the grocery store. TI coupon like crazy at the grocery store and here have been a few times I would take a coupon to Gap or Body Shop, etc. for an extra percentage off, but you won't find me in a restaurant with coupons. With that being said I know a handful of people who are living VERY comfortably and they coupon everywhere all the time and don't feel any way about it. For some reason it just makes me a little uncomfortable.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I totally understand what you mean, I have no troubles couponing at a supermarket, grocery store, or even a fast food joint, but I don't think I could use a coupon as a "proper" restaurant.
    In my view, if I need the coupons to go eat out, then I shouldn't be eating out at all.
    It might be a wrong view of course as I'm sure with some coupons the meal turns out to be quite cheap but it still feels wrong to me.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat at nice restaurants or shop at upscale stores, so I don't end up using coupons anywhere that would cause embarrassment. I can't spend $200 on dinner when I could buy a week's groceries with that amount.

5. Blake Carl

Blake CarlNew Member

Threads:
    According to me it's not bad to purchase an item by using coupon. I am also a savvy person :) I always think to save my money so for this I should have to go for "couponing like crazy"

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I will only use a coupon if it is worth my while, so yes, sometimes I use one at a restaurant or store other than the grocery store. I know people who are crazy into couponing, but it seems like they are buying stuff just because it's deeply discounted but it's not something they necessarily need. That means they have to have a place to store everything and they're also taking something just to have it when someone else might need it. A colleague was just bragging that she got a great deal on 10 bottles of shampoo but now she didn't know what she would do with it, so she was going to turn around and sell the bottles for a profit to anyone who might need it. I feel like this sort of practice just drives up the initial cost of the product at the store and ends up hurting everyone in the long run.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    If I happen to have a coupon for a restaurant or department store I am going to then I will use it, but I do not coupon the crap out of places other than the grocery store. I feel completely fine coupon in a lot at the grocery store because food is expensive and I still have to eat. It is worth it to me to hand the grocery store clerk a stack of 20 or 30 coupons if it brings my bill down.

8. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I find couponing to be totally worthless to me because all the coupons are for processed food, and I consider pretty much anything that comes in a package junk food, not real nourishment. I did use some apps that had discounts and stuff but by the time I made cash out I had gained weight and wasted money from falling for the "deals" on unhealthy stuff.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well honestly I just don't go out to restaurants all that often in the first place, but I'm quite happy to use a coupon in most circumstances. Why not? I'm not trying to cheat anyone out of money or get something for nothing, I'm giving them my business and getting a discount at the same time. It's not a loss for anyone, in my opinion.

10. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    If only coupons are widelu available in our country, I would use them. Sadly, they are not. If you have coupons, why not use them? They are free stuff anyways so you save money.

If you do not want to use them, it is okay too. It is just personal preference and need. Some people need it, others do not!

11. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    I definitely don't coupon like some people! I don't even really seek them out but if I see one in a magazine or wherever for a product I already use or want to try then I will definitely use it!

12. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I think that when you use them all the time that it's a little much. I get that people want to save money, but you don't need to save that much. I mean I'm sure that some people do, but if you do then maybe you shouldn't get going out to dinner and wasting that money. It would be so much cheaper to just stay in and eat. I mean I don't know their situation obviously, but it just seems like it's too much. I mean I couldn't imagine trying to find all those coupons in the first place.