Crafting Ideas for Christmas Gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by steph84 • Nov 2, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have been going on Pinterest these days to get some clever ideas for affordable Christmas gifts. So far I have found some cheap ways to make my own cards, wrapping paper and bows. I just need new present ideas! Here are a few I thought I'd share:

Some of these crafters are out of my league!

2. Mommyjoyce

MommyjoyceNew Member

Threads:
    Wow oh wow! That is a good suggestion, Steph! It awakened the artist in me! Do you know that about 20 years ago, I was into much arts and crafts that I opened a small business/shop to be able to raise my kids? Other than being very entertaining and interesting, working on crafts have been very enjoyable and financially rewarding.

I also bought a lot of magazines and books on arts and crafts then because computer wasn't very common then (tee-hee-hee). I'm telling you...other than being a great help for christmas, it spells a lot of savings and enjoyment to the max!

Happy crafting, Steph! (I think I'll grab some old materials myself and feel young again!)

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice share! There are a lot of good ideas on the link and I am really starting to use Pinterest more and more. I am also wanting to make gifts this year. Not only is it more affordable, I think homemade gifts are more appreciated by the person who receives them because they take time, care and thought to make them. I know what you mean though, some of those crafteres are really talented!

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I more than likely will be making all my cousins something for the holidays because I like craft projects. And it will be something I made for them and I believe they will like that more. I can't always think of something that they would love so I go about making it for them myself and they seem to like that even better. I enjoy doing things for them that they will appreciate.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also like Pinterest. A good gift is a charm photo bracelet. It can have chams on it along with small photo's of the family children or special events or other loved ones.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like this because it's something that you made personally for that person. Those kind of items are one of a kind and it can't get any personal than that. You won't find anyone with what you made that person and I love it that way. It's a very special item and one you can cherish forever. You can give each one a different design for that particular person that you are making it for as a gift.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for the feedback and encouragement everyone. Wow, Mommyjoyce! I love that you were able to provide for your family by crafting. That just inspires me to push my crafting and try to get better at it. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get started this year.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Steph, maybe we could help you with present ideas you could craft yourself if we knew more about your crafting abilities and who you would like to give the gifts to. Is your gift list long or short? A long list would mean crafting items that didn't take long. Would you want to make individual things or maybe you could work on a batch of the same sort of thing that could be given to multiple people...

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think if you work on a batch of earrings, you would have a gift for all the ladies that you have on your list. I like to make a big batch of those and maybe for someone special you can make the necklace or bracelet to go along with the earrings. A large batch of socks would be another idea to hand out for gifts and that special person, you could make a scarf to go along with the socks. There are a lot of ideas that you can put together.

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Here's a link to a super cute idea for a Christmas gift tag.

There are also links to more crafts on the site for cards and decorations including this awesome snowflake

in addition to a bunch of crafts you can make by hand via crochet, embroidery, etc.

11. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all of the links! I love doing crafts and especially getting the kids involved in as well, it is so much fun and a great feeling when you finish them!! I love doing crafts for Christamas especially.

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like to do different craft items for Christmas presents also and the links are just great that you given to us. Something new and something different makes it very special. I am hopeing that I get homemade gifts as well and I will appreciate that even better.