Crest Pro Health - BUYER BEWARE

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by bargainbabe • Dec 6, 2014.

1. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone,

I am posting this thread in all sincerity. Please avoid Crest Pro Health toothpaste. I have concrete evidence that the Crest corporation has known for several years that this toothpaste causes permanent tooth damage. I believe that the reason they are still pushing it in commercials and campaigns is that they have millions invested in it and want to sell off the product. It should have been recalled years ago. And to make matters worse, you can't go into a dentist office or orthodontist office without seeing the product, because the Crest company has given free samples across the country, and people implicitly trust their dentists. Do your research and DO NOT accept a sample just because it is free.

Crest Pro Health has been known to leave a nasty mouth slime (which is actually cheek skin cells that it has stripped because it is too abrasive. Disgusting!) The "blue specs" are a plastic derivative that can damage your teeth and tongue. The abrasiveness of this toothpaste is almost past the FDA limit for teeth! I'm not sure how they get away with selling this stuff, but please avoid at all costs.

Warnings about Crest Pro Health (there are countless warnings about this)

Buyer Beware.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone taken legal action against them if there has been proven damage? In the EU do they breach any laws or rules as they tend to be stricter so do they have a different formula here in the UK? I know some companies do as they produce them in different countries. I use Colgate, but do trust Crest as well.

If this is so well known, how are they getting away with it and are they not concerned about any legal repercussions?

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. I had no idea that Crest Pro was harmful to teeth.

My favorite brand of toothpaste is Colgate. It cleans my teeth well. Many times, I also mix it with a dab of baking soda for additional cleaning power and whitening as well.

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    OMG that is awful - they should really pull their product if they expect their customers to have any respect for them at all. I'm surprised that in light of the research that retailers have not begun pulling it. I guess your really do have to be your own health advocate these days. Thanks for posting.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this, while I don't use Crest Pro (I use Colgate) I believe that it's a fairly popular brand. If the claim is true I hope that they are charged and punished heavily.

6. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Ah jeez, what terrible things. Thanks for the heads up. I've never used Crest products, and after your post, I'm probably never going to use them. Who the heck wants to deal with mouth slime? The whole point of toothpaste is to keep your mouth clean, for heaven's sake.