Crest White Strips

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by isabbbela • May 23, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hello!

So I would like to make a post today on the Crest White Strips. I have seen these around for a long time now, and even though they seem to be pretty popular and have good reviews, I was always weary of using them. My teeth are sensitive and not that yellow, so I didn't know if the effect these would give to whiten my teeth would overcome the trouble of having a strip on my teeth for 30 minutes and have the risk of them becoming more sensitive.

Well I found them on a buy one get one sale, so I decided it was time to try them out. Today was the first time I used them, I'm going to use them twice a day for 7 days as per instructions. First day, I don't really see much of a difference yet. Which is fine, since they say you can see results within 3 days.
    I found these so uncomfortable to wear! Specially on my bottom teeth, they were coming out within 15 minutes and they start getting gross and moist as you salivate. Which is a natural mounth process and you can't help it! I was so relieved when I was finally able to get them off after 30 minutes. I'm really hoping I'll get more used to them, as twice per day for 7 days of this sounds like torture to be.
    What really surprised me, though, is that they didn't make my teeth feel more sensitive at all. In the instructions they even mention you can feel some pain on your teeth, but nothing of that type happened to me. I don't know if as the days pass I'll feel more sensitive, but so far so good on that department.

So I don't have an opinion about these yet... aside from being uncomfortable to wear, I don't see results yet with just one day use. I'll keep you posted on that! Did any of you ever wear the Crest White Strips? Let me know your results!

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used the strips because they do seem uncomfortable. I used the Crest whitening gel years ago. Not sure if they even still make it.

I had some success with this brand called Luster, which I found at Rite-Aid. It's a rinse that you use like Listerine, followed by a gel that you brush on. It works and is a bit cheaper than the Crest strips I think. I will admit, the gel burns a bit if it touches your gums, but as far as teeth whitening goes, it did a pretty good job! And the stuff lasts a long time to. You can get a few uses from it.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Crest White Strips in the past and like them. I think they're slightly uncomfortable, but definitely something I can tolerate for a short period of time. In terms of results I think since this is something that is done at home, consumers have to be realistic. I was just looking to brighten my smile a little bit, I do not have any major staining or yellowing, and the strips did it for me. I noticed a slight difference and the best part was that it looked believable. One thing I want to mention is that I have also used more expensive teeth whitening kits from Sephora and the Crest white strips were superior to the more expensive brands.

4. isabbbela

Threads:
    Hello there guys!
    So I started using the Crest White Strips last week, and told you on the first day that it was so far so good regarding teeth sensitivity.
    Well, fast forward to today, I have stopped using the strips twice a day, because my teeth hurt like hell. My teeth are not particularly sensitive all the time, but with these white strips they hurt without me doing anything at all. Even if I'm not eating or drinking anything they really hurt.
    So now I have started to use them only once a day, but that still hurts a bit, so I'll skip a day here and there..... I'm hoping to finish the strips soon cause they are a nightmare to wear and it gets even worse after using them!
    My teeth so far are very modestly whiter, so far I would not recommend them. It's not worth the discomfort for the effect it gives. We'll see if I think differently after I use up the whole package!

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used them but I never thought of them to be uncomfortable, they seemed so comfortable on TV lol. So they fell off on your bottom teeth just like that? Well, that's not very good then :(. I hope you update us about the results because I'm pretty curious about if they work or not. I wouldn't expect them to work in just one day's use ^.^'

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Crest Whitening Strips are wonderful for slightly yellow teeth.

My teeth have always been pretty white. Whenever I see them getting a little dingy, I use the Crest Whitening Strips. After a few days, they brighten right up.

You have to be careful though. Any product that whitens your teeth also weakens them over a period of use. So, I would not recommend this product for someone with dental problems who hasn't seen a dentist in a while.

7. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    You have to be very careful when using Crest Whitestrips. I bought some and boy did those things give my teeth horrible pain. It felt like I had toothache, i almost cried. Even the whitening 3D toothpaste made my teeth hurt. I couldn't even finish the box. They are not worth the pain.

8. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure I would be willing to do teeth whitening at home. I still prefer going to my dentist for that because they know better. I once tried a home whitening toothpaste and it just really hurt my gums and it made some of my teeth crack. My dentist said that those whitening products are rather strong and it's not a good idea to use them everyday or use them unsupervised. After that experienced, I promised myself not to do anything with my teeth without my dentist's advice.

9. isabbbela

Threads:
    Hi guys. I'd like to update you on my Crest Whitestrips and tell you that I have been using them once a day instead of twice. I find that to be way better for sensitivity. Using them onde a day barely makes my teeth sensitive, *so if you find these too harsh on your teeth try using them once a day for 14 days instead of twice for 7 days!

10. isabbbela

Threads:
    So I finished up using the Crest White Strips after much effort.
    First final thought is that the sensitivity of the teeth becomes unbearable! Every couple of days I had to give my teeth a break because they started to hurt a lot, and not only when I ate, they would hurt all day long.
    When it comes to actual whitening, it did a decent job, but nothing so dramatic that other people noticed. My teeth were not yellow to begin with, but I was hoping it would make more of a difference. So to be honest I would not recommend the White Strips. Maybe if your teeth are more yellow it could work out better, but not for me.