Crest Whitening Strips

Discussion in Product Reviews started by MrsJones • Nov 29, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I suggest trying the Crest whitening strips but they are expensive around $50. I did find a less expensive Crest product for $9.99 in the toothbrush section. It has just one whitening strip included with a toothbrush. I tried it as directed. You have to leave it on for an hour which I did and guess what :confused:, it tasted just like baking soda.

I'm a tea drinker and I have to give Crest its props because it really worked. In only one hour I had whiter teeth. I still won't buy the complete kit but I will be needing another toothbrush say in three months :rolleyes:.

It's cheaper than having the dentist whiten/polish your teeth which I was considering before I happened upon this product.

2. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I rinse my mouth every morning with Arm and Hammer baking soda. Then I brush with baking soda. I only use the Crest Whitening toothpaste, occasionally. I can hardly afford the money.
    However, I have friends who have used the strips. One woman I know would not live without them. She says they whiten better that the simple dental cleaning she gets every six months.

3. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've had mixed results with whitening strips in the past, but maybe I should be more disciplined in my application. The first ones I used happened to be Crest Whitening strips some years ago. I would have to say they had only moderate impact. More recently I tried another product was reasonable as well. But I also tried "oil pulling" once - Google it, but it's basically about swilling with olive oil on a daily basis. Maybe it was all in the mind but I actually felt the results were comparable.

4. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I'm willing to spend money on this, when it seems like I can get the same results through baking soda, mouthwash, and just brushing my teeth well in general. Some people can't afford the money, some people think it's an unnecessary product. I personally don't really care if my teeth are a tiny bit yellow. Not everyone has perfect teeth, and if the people I'm with are offended by it, then there is no reason why I should get along with them.

5. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I've had the most consistent results by switching to a whitening toothpaste and simply brushing thoroughly at least twice daily. I mean, you end up needing to use toothpaste regardless, and brushing thoroughly will only serve to keep your teeth and mouth healthy. With a whitening paste, you get the added benefit of (slowly!) whitening your teeth as you go.

The key here is patience, you won't see immediate results like you would with strips, but at the fraction of the cost, it may be worth it to some.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used the Crest whitening strips because I found them on sale. I did like the results, but I think it's a very superficial result. You can't expect really white teeth. In fact, I think I was the only one who could tell a difference. The problem for me, however, was that they made my teeth really sensitive and they were hurting in a couple days. It was really painful and I almost stopped using them.

7. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I hope you're doing better now. Do you think the pain was because of continued use of the whitening strips? I only used one that came with a toothbrush I bought and didn't experience any discomfort. This is a good thing for others to know. Thank you for sharing.

8. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Wait, so you mean the strips themselves were causing you tooth pain when using them, but you continued to use them?? That can't possibly be good for your teeth - did it stop hurting after a while or does it persist?

It's concerning as I'd be willing to try the strips, but given that my teeth are already somewhat sensitive to cold/heat, I really don't want to aggravate it further by using the strips.

9. Elan7253

Elan7253New Member

Threads:
    I've tried Crest White Strips a few years ago. I did notice a quick improvement in the color of my teeth. However, I stopped using the white strips regularly after experiencing increased sensitivity with my teeth. I'm a heavy coffee drinker, and while I do brush and floss regularly, I do like having the option for a quick and easy, at-home remedy for brightening my smile. Now, I just use it every once in a while, in conjunction with whitening tooth paste and some type of whitening mouth wash.

10. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    As a heavy coffee drinker myself (and former smoker) I found that it's really hard to get rid of the deep stains. I'm not quite sure how to explain it but the teeth do get whiter on the surface, but it doesn't look quite right. Like, there's a degree of yellowness that looks like it's under the enamel of the tooth. A proper whitening at the dentist will fix this, but that's not something that I can afford to do too often.

11. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    My husband and I are coffee drinkers, and Crest White Strips has really worked for us. If they were not so expensive I would use them more often. I make sure that after I use them, I use whitening toothpaste to help maintain the results of the strips. It works for a while, but then I have to purchase the strips again.

12. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I use whitening toothpaste but I heard that you can actually gargle with diluted bleach and it would have the same effect. I do not recommend this though. And you should not continuously use teeth whitening products. It should be used on an on and off basis.

13. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've always been very skeptic about this kind of product, it's good to see that it works for some people.
    How long-lasting are the effects? If it is something you need to reapply say, weekly, it can turn into a very expensive habit.

14. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Diluted bleach?!? I have not heard of this and my immediate response is to avoid this. Bleach is a pretty dangerous substance and can do a lot of damage to your skin, I can only imagine what would happen to the delicate skin inside your mouth even if very diluted. I've heard of baking soda and swishing with that, but seriously; do not ingest bleach in any manner. It can't possibly turn out well.