Cricut - Any Other Crafters in here?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ilike2save • May 7, 2012.

1. ilike2save

ilike2saveNew Member

Threads:
    I got a Cricut Impression for my anniversary this year and so far I love it! I have made cards, Scrapbook layouts and even cut out Fabric to make t-shirts for my kids. It is definitely an expensive hobby, but I have been able to find a few discount sites for cartridges, and my friends and I love sharing the cartridges we have. I found my machine on Amazon for nearly $100 less than what it is on the Cricut website.

My friends and I try to get together a few times a month to work on craft projects and I love to see what we can come up with. We've gotten a lot of ideas from Pinterest, too!

2. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I am a crafter and I have a Cricut. I don't use it as much as I thought I would and am considering getting a Silhouette. I'm not sure how much more I would use that but I love the idea of not having to buy expensive cartridges.

3. ilike2save

ilike2saveNew Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine has a Silhouette, but I'm not that familiar with them at all. You don't have to buy cartridges? I might have to check that out.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I am a crafter, but not familiar with either one of those two items. I mainly do crochet and sewing items. These tend to give me the proper income I need when I sell them online and at craft shows!

5. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    You buy the images for the Silhouete online. And you can buy them separately. It really seems like it would be better than having to buy a whole cartridge for a few images you really want.

6. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    They both cut fabric for things like appliques and quilting.

7. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I love crafting!! I don't have a Cricut, but I have always wanted one. They seem really expensive to me. I wasn't sure how much I would use it, so I never did invest in one. Every time I go to Michaels I like to check out the new cartridges, just to see what I am missing out on.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love crafting also but I know nothing about the product you are speaking about. I am a jewelry crafter and I also make latch-hook rugs and that is about it for my crafts for now. I do want to go into doing some of the other craft projects but just haven't had the time. I hope you can find what you are looking for though. Why don't you check out Jo-Ann's or Hobby Lobby craft stores, they might have what you are looking for in there store.

9. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to try one of these. A few years ago I had a large studio that held all my craft supplies and different tables for sewing and scrapbooking, painting and so forth and I had asked for this many times, never got it though. Now when I craft it's mostly sewing so I don't think I would use it a lot unless they came out with one that worked with fabric. I don't really have the room for it anymore. We had to sell our house a few years ago and move to another state for my husbands job and the place we are living in now is very small. I might look at them again in the future, but for now I will just have look at and dream of one day getting another studio so I have room to put it and work with it. I think it would be a lot of fun to make things for my kids birthday parties.