Crock-pot Lunch Crock

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Mar 20, 2015.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    A few weeks ago we picked up 2 of the Crock-Pot Lunch Crocks. At the time, they were on sale, basically 2 for 1, and we have been trying to commit to bringing lunch from home rather than going out to eat every day. These little lunch crocks are great. You can leave the base unit at work and just carry the inner pot back and forth from home. My husband has been using his all week and keeps raving about it. The first day, he brought leftover stew. It took a little under 2 hours to heat up from almost frozen. The next couple days he tried making rice and other ingredients when he got to work (cooking it in the lunch crock). It's working very well for him. He is slowly figuring out the perfect timing, but he loves having fresh meals and not standing in line to heat up his leftovers.

The insert that he brings back and forth is metal and has a plastic seal, so all the parts are dishwasher safe. The seal isn't leak-proof, so he puts it in a gallon size Ziplock bag for his commute, just to catch any juice that might leak out.

If you are looking to cut eating out costs but hate eating microwaved foods, I suggest spending the money on one of these guys. The price isn't too bad either, I think they are normally around $30 each.

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first time hearing about this product. I love using my regular crock pot, and I really enjoy the way the food tastes that I make in it. I'm going to have to do a bit of research about this product, but the way you've described things here, I can totally see myself buying one of these.