Cruise line recommendations?

Discussion in Travel started by savergrl • Aug 13, 2012.

1. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I have cruised with Carnival many times. Ive been happy with the service and quality of my cruises so I havent felt the need to venture out. Lately the deals arent as great and Ive had my eye on doing some international cruises. Please tell me about your cruiseline experiences.

2. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I have not been on a cruise, so I understand if you choose to ignore my opinion. But I heard that Royal Caribbean has nice ships. I don't know if they go anywhere other than the Caribbean, but I hear that their ships are comparatively nicer than the Carnival Cruise Line ships. Disney Cruise lines go internationally. And despite popular opinion, you are not inundated with Disney characters and themes for your entire voyage. I've been told that the Disney cruise is one of the best on the market, whether you have kids or not. It's one of the most expensive too. I know nothing about cruise deals, and as you have experience in booking cruises, yet have trouble finding deals, I imagine that they are hard to find in general.

3. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've only ever been on Disney and Royal Caribbean. The Disney cruise was very nice, but of course in the end it was all Disney so if you aren't into that I wouldn't recommend it. I've been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises and I can't think of one single complaint. YOu are treated like a first class citizen and the ships are beautiful.

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I've only been on Royal Caribbean. I loved it too, so the next cruise I go on, I will choose them again. I don't have anything to compare it to, but everything was excellent. We booked it online at Orbitz, I believe. I've been looking recently at Priceline.com also. We got a great deal so I always check those sites. I can't wait to go again. I might try a Disney cruise when my son is older, if he wants to. I'd rather go on Royal Caribbean but I would let him choose once if he's into Disney stuff. Their parks and hotels have excellent service, so I can imagine the cruises would too.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only been on a Carnival cruise. I have heard that Royal Caribbean is really great. As I remember Carnival targets the younger cruise market. So, when I take another cruise, I am sticking with them.

6. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I like Carnival a lot!!! I have heard Royal Caribbean is awesome too, but do not have any experience with it.

7. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    so We need someone whos been on both carnival and RC to be the official tie breaker LOL

8. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I have only been on Carnival but I always get awesome promos and it is a lot cheaper than Royal Caribbean. I love cruising and can't wait until December for my next one.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have been on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I found Royal Caribbean to be just an edge above Carnival. The ships are a bit more luxurious. Great things to do onboard. I enjoyed both cruise lines. But then I love cruises. My very first cruise, was on a small non-descript shop and I was thrilled.