Crypto Currency

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Grumpy • Dec 19, 2013.

1. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone had any experience of using Crypto Currency in any online deals or even in any real world settings such as restaurants or bars that have opened?

I know there have recently been places in America and Eastern Europe that have opened restaurants or cafes that accept BitCoin as one form of payment. They use payment processors to almost instantaneously convert the BitCoin to dollars or their local currency and then deposit it to their bank account.

Has anybody heard of any of this type of thing, or even experienced it themselves?

2. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Some shops have started to use Dogecoin, though it is still pretty rare. I've seen shops that hang a sign up saying they accept Bitcoin. Bitcoin seems to be the most popular. I know dozens of Cryptocurrencies have popped up over the last two years, but Bitcoin, Peercoin and Litecoin seem to be the more usable ones.

Personally, I hope Dogecoin gets more exposure and more merchants start using them.

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    In terms of cryptocurrency I just don't have the money or time to be investing too heavily into it right now. I did start reading up on it about a month ago and finally bought myself about 22,000 Dogecoins and I'm just hoping the value will rise although the halving of rewards seems to only have brought the price up so high before it started to decline again.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I found a forum where discussion was based on CryptoCurrency---many posts mentioned 'free miners,' where you could go and 'start a flow of currency' into one of your 'Wallets' (of which there are several ... I have two-or-three already---a BlockChain wallet, a Xapo wallet, a QuickBitCoin wallet ...)

I haven't put any money into CryptoCurrency ... I can't see anything 'backing' CryptoCurrency (like gold or silver used to back US Dollars). But 'if you'll give it to me for something I might do for FREE, I'll try to spend it the best I can!'