Crystal Vanish Toliet Cleaner- Discontinued?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Mockingbird • Dec 26, 2014.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I had for years used Crystal Vanish toilet cleaner and I have not seen it in the stores for some time now. I have tried some of the other liquid cleaners but they just do not seem to do as good of a job. We live in an area with hard water so we can get deposits of calcium after awhile. I tried Lime Away brand and the scrubbing bubbles. I just want to know what happened to the crystals?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I looked it up and SC Johnson did discontinue the Vanish toilet cleaner. Sorry.
    The best toilet cleaner I've ever used is called The Works and it's $1.49 at Walmart. It even gets rid of the mineral deposits on the toilet rim.

3. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried the works and it did pretty good but I had to use a lot for the scale. I also tried this commercial grade cleaner I got at True value that worked great. It was their store brand and a bit expensive but you did not seem to need much to make a difference. I don't know about the disinfecting value but it cleaned like a dream. I found it in the plumbing section with the clog removers. To bad about Vanish, I just thought Tops stopped carrying it, never thought to check the manufacturer, wonder why they stopped making it?