Curling Iron Or Air Brush Styler For Your Hair ?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Happyflowerlady • Jan 18, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an old curling iron that needs to be replaced. I hate it ! ! I also have a really old curling iron that blows air, but doesn't have the bristles like an airbrush curling iron does; but it is about worn out now, too, and barely blows air anymore.
    I have been looking on Amazon, and thinking about getting one of the air brush curlers, since it is the closest thing that I can find to my old one that blows hot air to curl your hair.
    Does anyone have suggestion on this subject ? I have hair down to my shoulders, but shorter in some areas where it is shaped, rather than just being straight down.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it helps to do a search on the brand name if you want an identical product. I've done that but unfortunately it costs more than I was willing to dish out. I personally like to see what I'm buying especially when it comes to hair appliances but if you trust the brand, go for it.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that they make them like the one I have anymore. All of the hot air curling irons that I can find have the bristles on them. I think that if I find one that is not sobig around; it might actually work on the top of my head where the hair is pretty short. Even though I am letting it grow out, and it is getting a little longer at the bottom, I have it trimmed shorter on the top.
    I will try doing the brand check though, and see if i can find one like the one I have now, but in better working condition. Thank you for the good advice, Mrs. Jones ! !

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    You would be surprised at what you can find online. Even though some products are not manufactured there is the possibility that some are still around. I found a piece for an old weed trimmer and got it for a couple of bucks.

5. Teri Rose

Teri RoseNew Member

Threads:
    Would you consider using something that doesn't use hot air to curl your hair? I've been using the Instyler since 2012 when my husband bought it for me and I love it! It's a hair straightener and hair curler in one pretty much. One end has bristles to help brush through your hair while the other end is a rolling ceramic iron to either straighten or put some curl and volume into your hair. I'm surprised that its lasted me this long especially because I use it everyday. I'm not sure how much they are now but mine was $100 and I've actually seen them in Target.

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used a curling iron or a blow dryer in years. The first blow dryer I ever had, though, had a detachable comb and brush set that you could place over the vent. It was probably total destruction on hair, but I loved it and missed the heck out of it when it finally quit working.
    I've never seen another one since.