Customized Gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by chiofthenorns • Sep 2, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas is once again around the corner. Because I have a lot of relatives, I am already thinking of what I will give them for Christmas. What I have in mind is giving away customizable stuff just like what I found here in

. I want to ask for suggestions as to whether customized or personalized gifts are okay. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Customized gifts are actually the IN thing amongst alot of people. I know I have many in laws that ask for customized gifts that have their grand baby's on it. With that said, I already know what I'm getting them for Christmas. Personalized gifts have a slight more meaning because the time was spent to put their name, pic or whatever else is close to them on it.

I say splurge away with customized gifts! They will be appreciated.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, customized gifts are more special than "regular" gifts because you took the time to personalize if for them. I remember way back when engraved Parker pens seem to be popular among adult people. (I was a kid/teen back then when I noticed it) So like what the other member said, giving customized gifts is a great idea.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think they are alright. Some people might appreciate it more than others, but overall I think most people would be happy to receive something they know was specially made for them. I admit that some gifts of this type tend to get a bit too cheesy for my taste, though, but it's all in the name of good fun anyway so even then I don't really mind it that much. Also, these days you have much more options and the quality surely has already gotten much better for most of them because of technological advancements, so I'd say it's a safe bet.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the person to be honest, some people like them and others prefer not to. It also means they can't regift the item and if they don't like it, then they can't exchange it or return it. My brother bought a personalized album for me and I have never used it and would rather have taken it back to the store to exchange, but I can't and it takes up room and to be honest I hate it because I can't throw it out or give it away and it's a waste of $200 (It was Smythsons) as he used my full initials which I hate as well. So bear this in mind, some people only like to use part of their name and not all their initials.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd love to get a customized gift. I always appreciate it very much when someone gives me something that has been chosen with thought. Or, on the other hand, I love receiving something that can be modified or changed, according to my taste.
    So, naturally, I think it's a great idea to give a customized gift, as the likelihood of the gift receiver being happy and satisfied is increased. After all, I like to give a present to someone because I appreciate them or their services, and not just to fulfil some obligation.

7. Shruti05

Shruti05New Member

Threads:
    Customized gifts are the great ideas of gift giving. Along with the customization I would suggest to present some useful gifts that they can use it always. Like leather watch case with your initials, Passport covers, Jewelry boxes. Personalized gifts are the great way to show your love to your special ones.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really does depend on the person receiving the gift. Some of this stuff can be very cool. Some people enjoy personalized items, so it can be very nice. There are of course other ways to "customize" items besides personalization, such as imprinting an inside joke or something else fun or cute. It doesn't have to be a name or initials; it can be anything they like. I like the print on demand sites that let you order items that you can make up especially for that person.