CVS shoppers - how do you work the ECB program?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by professionaltightwad • Oct 31, 2013.

1. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    For those of you who do the CVS ExtraCare program, what is your strategy? I used to just go and buy all the ECB deals and then have the ECBs for the next trip but the last couple of weeks, I'm doing it differently. My goal is to spend the least out-of-pocket each trip so I buy one ECB deal, preferably using regular coupons, then do another transaction for the next deal, using coupons and the ECB from the first transaction. I keep doing separate transactions until I've bought all the best deals that week. Sometimes that results in no ECBs left for next week, but this last trip left me with $5 for next time. By doing it this way, I've been getting my shopping each week at an average of 70% off so far.

2. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    That seems like a good strategy. Unfortunately I can't say I've ever really taken advantage of the EC deals & coupons at CVS. I've had the card forever and ill get the coupons but I never need to shop for anything before they expire. I'm not one to spend money if I don't need to just because of a coupon or sale. Perhaps it would save me money in the long-term but I probably visit the store with the intent to shop or restock about every other month.

3. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    When I first started out, I would buy all of the ECB deals and spend a lot put of pocket just so I would have a bunch of ECBs for the following sale. Once I learned a little more about it and had gotten somewhat used to it, I like you, starting trying to spend the least out of pocket causing me to have to do multiple transactions but it worked out better to me.