CVS/Walgreens Who Has The Better Rewards Program?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by GSBryce • Dec 20, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I kind of agree. I don't usually shop at either one.

Occasionally CVS will run some really good sales, though, and that makes it worthwhile to make an extra stop. Combined with the CVS Bucks, it's not so bad.

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have also been a loyal cvs cuctomer so switching or joining the walgreen program is something that I am very skeptical on. I feel that maybe down the road I will eventually join it but as if now I am enjoying the cvs one too much to join another one!

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm kind of bummed out that CVS is ending its Green Bag Tag program at the end of this year.
    The program rewarded you with Extra Care bucks just for using your own bags instead of plastic ones.
    Supposedly they were losing money because people were still getting the tag scanned and getting the rewards but taking plastic bags anyway. I read that if you already have a Green Bag Tag, you'll be able to use it for a while, but you can't buy the tags anymore.

4. Waektra

WaektraNew Member

Threads:
    i agree with him UP UP UP

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at both CVS and Walgreens and I like both stores, I go to which ever one has the better sales or products that I am looking for at the time. I don't think that I could choose between either one actually, they are both good stores to shop at.

6. themdno

themdnoNew Member

Threads:
    That's too bad, that was a really nice feature of the program. I don't understand why they would discontinue it for that reason though, because it would have to be the employees giving the bags out. I've never seen plastic bags out that I could just take while shopping in CVS, so it seems like the employees need to be trained better.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're absolutely right. Yesterday ,I pulled out my reusable bag and my Green Bag tag to get it scanned because I want to get every last reward out of it before the program ends later this year. The cashier had already bagged my items in a plastic bag before I even handed her the bag tag. It's like they're in a huge rush to bag everything and you're inconveniencing them by bringing your own bag. At Walmart they get annoyed with me for bringing my own bags too because it's faster for them to use the rotating metal stand with the plastic bags on it.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Yeah a tube of toothpaste at CVS is like $5. But I pay it because most of their toothpastes are manufactured in America so, yeah. I don't truth any toothpaste made in China or Mexico.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used my bag tag twice in the last 2 days, so they're still honoring them for the time being.
    I'm going to try to use it as many times as I can before they pull the plug. If you don't have a tag anymore, people are selling them on eBay.