Dance

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by DancingLady • Jun 24, 2015.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Any dancers here? Dance is a great way to get both your body and my no in shape at any age. I do ballet, but there are many styles of dance you can choose from and many levels of intensity, so there is really something for everyone at any fitness level.

Dance is good for fitness, balance, increasing hip bone density and even keeps the brain young better than crossword puzzles.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm reserved so I don't do it in public. I do love to dance because I love music but I either do it with the Playstation or free style when listening on the computer or phone.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve always wanted to take some sort of dance lessons but never took the plunge. I did once have a sort of crash-course on the very basics of a few forms of ballroom dance… it’s how I figured out I’m not really great at the Latin stuff aside from shaking my hips, haha. Waltz and foxtrot-type stuff suited me better. I’ve always wanted to learn belly dance, though.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I love to dance and I consider it part of my exercise routine. It is a great form of self expression. The movement is healing spiritually, mentally and physically. I do not do ballet, but I can imagine that level of expression is very rewarding. I create my own moves and do some interpretive dancing.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dance the "wacky dance" when I'm happy at home, and I used to dance some ballroom dances because it was taught to us when we were in high school at PE class. Dancing is alright, but I don't do it as a hobby.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not fond of dancing but sometimes I do dance when I join the exercise group in the park. There is loud music and an exercise master in front. With more than a hundred participants, my inhibition is gone so we would imitate what the exercise master would do, bend, stretch, dance. Okay.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I loved to set a sort of choreographic work as a fitness routine when doing this was not yet trendy as it is today. However I don't longer dance with exercising in mind, but when I feel happy and music invites me to dance when being at home.

I rarely dance in public, unless others are doing the same or the music push me to tap my feet.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a dancer but not in any professional or official capacity. I am a great dancer though, and did win an award in year three at the school disco for my dancing skills lol. I have always been more of a free style dancer though. I am not good with learning complicated routines, though I can cope with the simple ones.

9. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    I love to dance, but I'm really not very good! I've dabbled in all kinds of different types of dance though. My boyfriend is a competitive swing dancer who dances quite a bit, so I'm taking swing lessons now. It's very fun and great exercise as well, plus it relives stress as well!

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to dance, it is freeing to the soul. I like to feel the music and move with the beat of the music. Dancing is a great way to stay in shape. Look at the bodies of the Dancing with the Stars, they are well toned and muscles and defined and strong. One hour of dancing even with yourself is very good exercise.

11. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I used to dance a lot more when I was younger but things in life kinda of made me not want to. Now that I'm older, I find that I do want to dance a lot more but I'm really shy and afraid that what I'm doing looks silly.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am no professional dancer, however dancing from he's the best workout. The downside to dancing is that you need a lot of space, and for me for example that I'm not even an intermediate dancer, but a beginner, I need a teacher and guidance. However I love dancing and for me it's the best workout ever.

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found a new downside to dancing unfortunately. You are more prone to plantar fasciitis. Apparently the risk can be reduced though with proper footwear and stretches.