Deals On Macs

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by danielle davidson • Aug 11, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    So, I know that Mac's aren't cheap which is why I am always looking for a deal when I was looking to buy one. I have been looking for a long time and was never able to to find one. I decided that I would use my student discount so that I could get my Mac and free Beats headphones, even though I had some. I mean hey, they are free how can you go wrong? The best part is that you are able to get $100 off a Mac just for being a student. I know that it isn't a great deal, but I thought that I would share with you all who might want to take advantage of this. Mac's are able to last a long time which is why they are worth it in the long run. Spending $1200 for a mac that will last 10 years is a good deal to me. What do you think about this deal? Would you take it if you wanted a Mac?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A Mac, or any other computer, might last for 10 years, but it's not going to be useable in a decade without maintenance and replacement parts, so it's hyperbole to say a laptop will last that long. Also, $100 off of anything is a great deal, and Microsoft offers a 10% discount for students, which may or may not amount to $100 on a given PC. Another option for getting a cheap Mac involves purchasing a refurbished unit directly from Apple.

3. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    I'm not really into Macs, since they're just too pricey for an OS I'm not even very comfortable with. It's not like I don't like the Apple Operating system, it's just that when I'm working, I definitely prefer the Windows operating system. But, I do think that Macs last a lot longer than other computers, and they do last for a very long time, so I guess they are worth the money. I do think that $100 off is a great deal, and as mentioned earlier, a refurbished Mac sounds like a good idea since they come from Apple.