Deals?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Jan 13, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've just saw a deal posted somewhere on the net:

Save $700. Offer valid till 16 th January.

The Samsung Smart TV's price has been allegedly slashed from $1299 to $599. Because this seemed too good to be true I decided to take a look at some sites to see if this deal actually was real and found out that though the same TV was selling at the same price at Best Buy and a number of other stores there are numerous cheaper alternatives which are just as good [which are cheaper by over $200].

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Clearly on the ball Denis Hard - as I can't help but say - that this is an excellent example of why - in order to ensure that you are making the most cost effective purchase, are getting the best value for money and are not paying way more than is actually necessary - its always wise to do plenty of research and compare prices both on and offline - prior to parting with any money and especially so when it comes to big ticket items.

Particularly as it more than paid off here and would just add that - even though I myself won't be taking advantage of any of these deals as I'm not currently in need of a new TV - I do very much appreciate the tip and especially the extra groundwork involved - as thanks to you - not only is news of these deals going to be very beneficial to someone I know - but think they're going to be extremely happy too.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Purchasing the first price you see is not a good idea. As you have shown in your research if you look around you maybe able to find the same item at a cheaper price or an alternative that is just as good or maybe even better at a more reasonable price. I have found that waiting one more day can often make a difference in the price of an item also.