Dental hygiene

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Apr 22, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dental hygiene is something really important, so the question here is, how often do you wash your teeth per day? Do you floss too? Do you think toothpaste brands make a difference or the main thing is just brushing?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I wash every single day, between 1-3 times. I don't floss, in fact I can't recall if I ever have, maybe 2-4 times in my life but it's certainly not a regular thing. I don't think brands make a serious difference. If you are not brushing with a power you're not really getting the best clean anyway, so different brands of paste as really all the same to me. Getting a toothpowder will be a lot more effective.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I learned the hard way that I need to properly take care of my teeth. You'll be amazed how the hole in you wallet that a dentist is can properly teach you to brush daily. I brush between 3-4 times a day using a classic toothbrush (I don't like the electric kind) with Colgate toothpaste. Personally, I don't think that the brand you user matters if you have a proper brushing technique. As for flossing, never done it but I plan too. Most people seem to tell me it's really pleasant and addictive.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I brush my teeth every time I eat, its a habit I keep my dental floss in my purse just in case my teeths get something in them. I brush my teeth also before I go to bed and when I awake in the middle of the night. I brush my teeth alot.

5. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I love the feeling of my teeth being clean and fresh, it helps me feel ready for the day or fresh for bed in the night. So I brush my teeth twice, in the morning I use mouthwash and then in the evening I use a stronger mouthwash and floss too

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is among the most important things to pay attention to in terms of hygiene. As for me, I brush my teeth about 10-20 minutes after I eat. I brush lightly and not too hard as it can really abrade the teeth, making them thinner. I also read that the alcohol-base mouthwash can cause cancer. But not if only used twice a day.

Before, I used mouthwash every after I brush my teeth, but now I only use it right after and before I wake up. I use non-alcohol base during the day. I also go to dentist about once a mouth to have them checked up and cleaned.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Wow, live and learn, are you serious? If I brush my teeth to hard I can really make them too thin? I find that hard to believe to be honest! Actually I don't use mouthwash, but I do brush and floss in the morning and after dinner, there was a time I did it at work too, but I guess I go too lazy.

8. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I brush in the morning and after dinner too, I don't use mouthwash though.
    I should start flossing but I panic after I do it occasionally and sometimes start bleeding a bit.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of people neglect to floss. I am one of them. I don't know why but I forget to do it. You would think that I would remember to do it when brushing but I guess I'm just very absentminded like that. I used to use tooth cleaning stuff that tastes terrible but is supposed to be better for you but it's so expensive so I quit. It kinda makes me wonder how good many of the fluoride brands are for you because it seems like the other that I used made my teeth cleaner.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have invested in an electric toothbrush and use it once or twice a day to thoroughly clean my teeth, gums and tongue. I use dental floss after every meal and also a natural mouthwash containing myrrh and teatree oil. Dental hygiene is very important to me. Bad breath really disturbs me, in myself and in others. But of course, not every bad breath is related to insufficient care of teeth or gums.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I brush my teeth like 3-6 times a day - no kidding. Always after every meal, but also just for the hell of it, if my mouth is feeling funky or I still have the aftertaste of something I drank/ate lingering in it. That said, I almost never floss, which I know is bad. But it creeps me out and gives me the shivers whenever I do it - I have some kind of weird phobia of it because it feels so funny. Also, I have a chipped tooth in the back of my mouth that I've been putting off getting capped for over a year now.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I used to be like that Tom, every single time I ate I was brushing my teeth after, I even had a toothbrush at work, but with time I lost the habit and my teeth got worse. I'm trying to wash them more, but minimum twice a day I wash them.

13. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say I've heard of someone brushing so many times a day, couldn't that hurt your teeth in the long run?
    I mean the upper 6 times a day number - nothing wrong with 3 of course :)

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, I've never heard that brushing the teeth too often could damage our teeth, on the contrary, the more we wash them the better the hygiene. Also, we should wash them and floss after every single time we eat, usually we are just too lazy to do it and that is why dentists are rich!!

15. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I brush my teeth thoroughly twice a day -- once in the morning and once before I go to bed. I do use mouthwash or run my toothbrush (with a teensy bit of toothpaste) through my mouth pretty much every time that I go in my bathroom...I love having fresh breath. I do floss once a day, right before bed, but I use the "flosser" things because I like them better. I might skip a night flossing every now and then, but I definitely brush my teeth religiously.

16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Just recently I started to floss more often, but just because a lot of stuff gets stuck between my teeth. As for washing the teeth, at night is the most important because we can't leave the teeth dirty all night long, it's just too many hours.