Depilation methods

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Jul 23, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Traditionally women shaved their legs with a razor, but than they started doing it with wax and other more effective methods. More recently the laser depilation came up and it's called definitive depilation, but I do wonder about that, how definitive is it? What's your favorite method? What's the more economic?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have very sensitive skin and only ever use a razor and a natural type of wax from the health food store. Even if I could afford laser hair removal, I wouldn't do it, as I am too worried about scarring my skin permanently. From what I hear from others, laser hair removal works over a period of time. The hair doesn't disappear in one or two treatments, unless you have very fine hair. But women who seek out laser hair removal clinics usually struggle with thick bristles or excessive hair growth due to hormonal problems.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's also a cultural thing Dora, a few years ago in the rural environment women didn't go to the beauty salons for depilation, they just grabbed the razor and cut the hairs with all the bad effects we know that brings, because they grow faster and thicker. It can also be hormonal problems like you mean, but I also think it's really convenient for women to get rid of them definitely.