Desperately Seeking Credit Card returns

Discussion in Credit Cards started by MeliciousMona • Oct 14, 2012.

1. MeliciousMona

MeliciousMonaNew Member

Threads:
    I am looking to consolidate my credit... But I am also looking to benefit from having a credit card. Which cards do you have that have the greatest return in say, rewards? Airmiles, Aeroplan etc? I am looking to double my return while they are charging an arm and a leg in interest.

Let me know, I love a good deal where buying something earns me points towards buying something else?

2. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what you want out of your card. I use two credit cards - one is cash back and another is Amazon.com points. If you travel a lot, air miles may make the most sense. If you drive your car a lot, then you may want to look into credit cards that give a better return on gas purchases. There are a lot of credit card options out there - you'll just have to narrow down what you want out of it. Also remember that while the rewards are great, it really isn't worth it to rack up your debt to get points. You should always try to pay off your debt completely - that way, you maintain great credit, don't pay any interest, and still get all of the benefits/rewards.

3. MeliciousMona

MeliciousMonaNew Member

Threads:
    I am interested in the Amazon points card thank you. I have been paying down my debt which is mostly school related. I will look into that I have also heard that RBC has a great Shopper's Drug Mart rewards credit card.

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I personally love the Amazon one. If you have to buy books or school supplies, you can buy them all off Amazon. It is usually cheaper. Then, you get points (3x, as opposed to 2x or 1x per dollar) for using your Amazon.com credit card to make the purchase. I am a big online shopper, since I like to do a lot of research on what I buy - usually, with shipping or gas prices included, Amazon has the best deal and I don't even have to leave my home. So, I've been saving up all of my points to use for Christmas time and for presents; it's a great way to stay on track (since I pay off my balance every month - or come very close to it!) and still be rewarded for it. I would highly recommend it if you are an Amazon shopper. If not, it's better to keep looking around for a credit card with a reward system that works best for you.