Detol Home Cleaner

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tasha • Jan 26, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I find this product is a little weaker than Handy andy and some others that I have used and it does smell better but really does not get the job done as well. have you found this product working for you?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's the same thing as I use all the time; Dettol. It's like an anti-bac multi-purpose cleaner. It used to come in one version, but they've now diversified it and we now have kitchen cleaners, bathroom and toilet cleaners, floor cleaners and even some hand wash with it. I really like it and even more so now because it now comes in pretty packaging and in some instances they've even re-worked the smell (I like the potpourri) so that it's not as strong, clinical and unpleasant as it used to be. Over here, I think you can even get handy andy that contains Dettol....'double the pleasure' LOL

3. valedevento

valedeventoNew Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of dettol products. We are so obsessed with killing all the germs that we make our homes sterile places. We need bacteria in our environment and home, otherwise we create a generation of children that are not resistant against any form of bacteria. Dettol products usually smell horrible and make me think of hospitals, the home cleaner might smell better :)

It is important to clean our house, but a regular product is good enough to get rid of the dirt.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of dettol. I am not sure it is available where I am. I don't really have the money to spend on fancy or expensive cleaning products. I usually pick up cheap ones. They aren't quite as efficient, but they are OK. I have been using vinegar and water on the windows. If Dettol has a horrible smell, or is like a hospital product, I don't think I would be interested. It sounds sort of unpleasant.

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    we do need some bacteria so that kids do not get sick but I think it is safe to use in the home because the kids get bacteria problems at school and public toilets so if they are immune to that then they will be fine with the dettol

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have yet to use the Dettol home cleaner though I am not sure whether it is the same thing as the Dettol antiseptic. I have confidence in the brand and it is a household name. Due to its effectiveness, the Dettol antiseptic has withstood the test of time and other brands have yet to hold a candle to it. If they still use the same quality control processes, I vouch for anything Dettol.