Detoxing Period

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    The holidays have been up on us and with it comes meeting, greeting and hanging out with friends and families. It is noteworthy to say that these events and this period comes with food being at the center of it all. I do not mind this, as a matter of fact this is one of the things i look forward to the most. The feel of being too overwhelmed with your food intake afterward may set in and you decide that you want to let it all out for the new year and as such feel the need to detox.

Do you detox after this or any other holiday period?

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have to detox after any holiday period. The simple reason is that I don't get intoxicated in the first place. I don't even overeat. Of course, I visit my friends and relatives. And they serve me a lot of good food. What I do is just take a nibble or two.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't need to detox, because I don't eat so much that eating actually makes it bad for my health. I eat just right and I am generally picky with the foods that I eat. But for those who are binge eat during the holiday season without actually being picky with the foods that he's eating, then I think detoxification would really be a smart move to recover a healthy and sexy body.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I treat holidays like any other day. Neither gorging myself on food nor guzzling any alcoholic drinks, I don't need to detox. Many people whom I know though, find it quite hard to recover after their holiday over-indulgence. They just must keep drinking and then gradually cut down the amount of alcohol they consume. It can take two months to detox. Sometimes more.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, I don't have to detox as I don't really eat any more than I usually do. I'm very careful not stuff my face and gorge myself to the brim because it can be very hard to shed those extra pounds you pile on over the festive season, as well as to curb the eating in the new year. Luckily, both my husband and I are not big drinkers anyway; we can take or leave it. It was especially the case this Christmas, as we never actually stopped working. We went out for a Christmas dinner and that was our one treat. Even then we didn't do starters, and didn't eat the dessert as it was vile!

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're a healthy eater, there is no "detoxing" necessary.. your body cleans out the bad all on it's own. It's when you continue to eat unhealthy food that is the problem. Eating too much of it isn't the issue.. it's eating it at all, so even though you may be eating far less than during the holidays, you're still consuming things you shouldn't that contribute to weight and illness. Detoxing any other way is bogus.. the drinks, the super foods, the cleanses, the colonics haha. There is nothing that works better than the body if you are in otherwise ok health. It will do it for you, no worries. Continue to eat a lot of processed foods though and it starts to have a problem doing that quick enough. So in short, to "detox" stop putting in what you want to clean out.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a disciplined person, so the festive seasons around the year don't affect me at all. I believe in prevention rather than cure. :) But if you have overloaded your system, it might be a good idea to fast a little. Nothing radical, mind you, but just a little less food and more lemon water to flush out the build up of toxins. I have a day every couple of weeks, all year round, when I don't eat anything at all. I give my body, mind and soul a rest from everything, and just drink plenty of clean water with lemon.

8. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    "Detoxing" for the average person is a myth. Your body already detoxes itself. "Detox" is for people who have a serious life threatening situation, such as a drug dependency, poisoning, or heavy metal build up that lands them in the hospital. Anyone who tells you that you need to "detox" is either misinformed, or trying to sell you something. The only thing you need to keep healthy is healthy food, exercise, and water.

9. Adrienne Edwards

Adrienne EdwardsNew Member

Threads:
    Detoxing is very important. Especially if we don't not consume all natural foods. The foods we take in are so filled with things that are not good for our bodies. Just our environment alone it toxic. So I agree that a detoxing is important. I enjoy prunella vulgaris. It is a plant that can be taken in a form of a tea. It does wonders. That along with a healthy diet and exercise it make a huge difference.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    • I don't as a rule over eat or over drink during the holidays. I do eat a little bit more than I normally do but I do not over eat and continue to eat in a healthy manner. It has been a very long time since I over ate or drank more than I should have. If a person has eaten more than they should have a good cleansing would not hurt.