Did not get my refund - what to do?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by isabbbela • Mar 3, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I made a shoe purchase 4 months ago - I think I even did a post on it somewhere - and I'm going out of my mind with this situation because I returned an item that came in the wrong size, and to this day I was not refunded! The company asked my account info 3 times so they could send me the refund, but so far nothing has arrived. It has been 3 months I sent the item back!

I know every country has different rules for situations like this, but normally what would you do where you live if something like that happens? is there a state department you can ask for help, or do you complain online? What should I do in this situation?

I have complained in an online website that exists just for that, I have sent them numerous emails... and they answer them all! But the money is never refunded!

Right now I'm filling out a form with a state department that protects consumer rights, but I was told nothing will come out of it.... I don't know what to do anymore! Granted, it's not a high value, but still I have the right to that, don't you think?

I don't know how else to pressure them to give me my money back!!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry but 4 months seems to me like a long time to ask for a refund. Granted, they expressed interest making a refund but that to me appears like delay tactics. . .

IMO if it was an online purchase you made, once 45 days have passed you can't be refunded. The only thing you can do is name and shame the store you bought the shoes from. At least if shoppers are warned they'll lose some customers. It's retribution enough.

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    You are doing the best thing you can do by filing a report with the State Department. There is really no better advice that i can give you. You should take this as a lesson. You should always use cash on merchandise purchases. That way the store has to give you your refund in cash.

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    You can try to take those steps, but there is a good chance that you won't get your money back. That's unfortunate. :( I would at least leave tons of bad reviews for them all over the Internet to let others know so that they don't have to go through the same crap. :(

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ugh, that really sucks. I've never had it happen quite like that before. I've had a few delays here or there, but never for four months!! Hopefully when you submit a formal complaint, they'll finally resolve this for you.

6. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem, but I am still waiting.
    I purchased a Wiimote and it has not arived yet. The deadline was February 15. I decide to wait, but two weeks passed, I think tis time to ge a refund or something.