Did the iPhone 5 meet your expectations?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jatelo2 • Sep 17, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Even before it was launched, there were fake pictures and reviews going on on what Apple has included in their latest gadget. People's expectations were raised high through these pre-launch pictures and speculations. Now that the phone is finally launched, would you say it met your expectation? Which specific feature do you like?

You can Check this link below for more information on the phone:

Thanks for your contributions! :

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad to see that they also have a new design for the earbuds. I have replaced at least 5 pair, because that little rubber piece near the plug keeps tearing. Its so annoying. Especially since my year is up and I will have to pay to replace them at $29 a pair now.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    It meet my expectations for the reason that I did not expect spectacular. for this phone. One thing that I appreciate to this new Iphone is its larger screen size and thinner built. I don;t really care about the retinal display because I can hard;y see the difference with IPhone 4s. I think that a major change or improvement could be expected for the next IPhone. Obviously, IPhone 5 is a disappointment to most users who are expecting a lot.

4. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    According to Apple it is the greatest thing from the company. Truly it has some wonderful features that to many might just qualify to be spectacular. What about the Transparent Glass?

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Wasn't the transparent glass a rumor? I didn't see Apple announcing it officially. To me the iPhone 5 is the same as the 4th one with a larger screen - not something worth buying if you already have the previous version.

But these people who had the iPad 2 completely disagree with my point of view.

New%20York%20Apple%20Ipad%203%20lines%20AP.

6. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I didn't actually dare to expect a lot more from Apple this time round simply because I just cannot think of how else they could have improved or innovated the iPhone 5 into something even better than the iPhone 4. This is not to say that the 4 is perfect, but true enough, the 5 isn't anything very special as compared to it's predecessor. The only notable features are the larger screen and LTE, both of which are actually rather common in rival smartphones out there in the market. I guess Apple could have done a little more if they wanted to prove that the 5 is really the best thing yet as they have claimed, simply because it isn't actually something very new and special besides the aesthetic upgrade and faster processor.

7. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The announcement of the new iPhone 5 from Apple has revolutionized the network after the presentation of the new 'smartphone' of the company to the media around the world on 12 September. I think this new release don't lived up to public expectations. Perhaps, people expected more radical changes in hardware and some details on the software. Anyway, Apple has experience in this regard and creative company know what is indicated and when is the right time to innovate. With criticism or not, is a product that will sell many units. However, there are serious competitors in the market, such as Samsung Galaxy III, or the new Nokia cell phone. I believe that this new phone is a model of transition to a big change, which will be linked with the next release.

8. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    And what are these people on the Picture doing? I couldn't comprehend!

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Waiting in line when the iPad 3 came out. Most of them probably already had the iPad 2. Similar situation here.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    It did meet my expectations because I wasn't expecting it to be "BIG" anyways. The iPhone 4s was released barely a year ago. With Apple frequently releasing newer versions of its trademark phone, what would you expect right? They don't have the time to make the much needed innovations that will cater to the needs of the public. The people crave for new stuff but sadly, they didn't give it to them.

11. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:

Oh I see....The thirst for Apple products will be running some of us nuts soon. Sadly though we will soon be very disappointed since they aren't in the cut-edge innovation anymore! Samsung is proving tougher or what am I perceiving?

12. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I expected douchebag hipsters to camp out in front of apple stores...and they did. Does that count?

13. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    You mean 'count' to suggest that It met you expectation by people camping in wait for its release? I didn't quite get what you meant here!

14. CuriousJ

CuriousJNew Member

Threads:
    Not even close.

The gap between the new iPhones seem to be lessening with each generation. There's absolutely no point in getting an iPhone 5 if you have an IPhone 4s, unless all you care about is the slighter smaller dimensions.

Just another overpriced, hyper marketed Apple product. Nothing new.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Well from the reports that have been showing up on various sites, it's actually not that great of a phone. The aluminum case isn't as durable and scratches incredibly easily, some of them are even coming out of the box scratched and chipped. There are multiple reports of screen problems - everything from strange bubble effects to yellow dots to flickering. There are complaints that the camera causes pictures to be tinted in a heavy purple hue whenever you shoot something with bright light (although this happened with the iPhone 4s too, something to do with it not filtering ultraviolet light properly). The maps app is a mess, the CEO just issued an apology about it yesterday.