Did you buy one of the new video game consoles?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by AB91000 • Apr 14, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I have purchased both of them.

My advice to those have yet to purchase one is, wait! There are very few games out for those consoles right now. There is no need to have one right now. You would be better off to play your PlayStation 3, or Xbox 360 for about 3, or more months until more games are released.

Learn from my mistake. It was a waste of money to buy them so early. I barely even use them.

Did you buy one of the new video game consoles this year? What did you think of it?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    No, not yet. Like you said, there are few games worth playing right now so I'll wait a little more until the library of both consoles expands. And if I'm lucky and wait enough maybe I'll catch some price cuts :eek: Next, when the time comes I'll buy both of them. I really don't like fans that bicker about which console is best because in my opinion both will have great exclusive games just like it happened in the last generation.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have not upgraded mine and now am even more confused which to buy. I was about to buy Xbox then there was PS4 released. It had more superior features in terms of hardware so I was not sure which to buy. I have been reading several reviews on how guys are debating about the two consoles and it seems they are quite at par. Well only time will tell let me see which to get.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased any yet for the sole reason that there are no games that are worth it yet. There are a few good games worth getting for both consoles and I have yet to find the one game that will make me buy an Xbox or a PS4. I still have my PC so I guess it'll keep me company for a good 2 years more.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never buy any product as soon as it's instantly released, because for sure the prices would be high. I always wait for the price to go down before I buy it. So with regards to game consoles, I will wait for months or years for the price to really drop. Or I will just look for a 2nd hand one, you can easily find one being sold at a cheap price, so I get to save a huge chunk of money that way.

6. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I've had my PS4 for awhile now and there are games for it. I usually play for 2-3 hours a night and haven't played everything I want to yet..

The "there are no games on new consoles" argument is just a cop out to try to justify being behind on the times..

7. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I own a PS3, but lately it just collects dust. I don't have time nor interest to play any of my games. I think I'm going to sell it before it loses all its value.

As could have guessed I'm not really planning to buy any of the next gen consoles. But who knows maybe something will change my mind. :)

8. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    If you mean buying the most "mainstream" new generations of playstation or xbox, NO. But if you mean small Chinese gadgets like those that come in a stick... I must say YES, I have bought several.

Remember, the

or

also fall into the category of "new consoles".

I think these type of consoles serve an important sector of the population that does not want to play only blockbuster releases, but are in fact interested in lightweight games, new or old. In fact, if you start to account for them, we have a compendium of emulators and games that run well on a sea of (cheap!) new devices. If the player is not the most demanding, there is much to enjoy without owning the latest mainstream console.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I ordered a Wii U today. I agree that there aren't that many games out compared to previous generations. I only bought it for Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World. Even with some of the announcements at E3 I still feel there aren't enough good 1st party titles. More games are multi platform now so I'm okay with having a PC.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    E3 happened recently and all 3 consoles announced some great titles. I actually want a Wii U now for Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third and Xonoblade Chronicles X.
    I'm looking forward to Sunset Overdrive on the XBox One and the port of Grand Theft Auto 5 to PS4 and XBox One.

11. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Tempted to buy the PS4, but to be honest with you I've really grown sour in terms of console games and backwards compatibility. It's difficult to buy a bunch of games for a device and once the next generation comes around you basically have to toss them. This isn't always the case, but typically is.

Right now, I get most of my gaming fix through either the PC or simply my smartphone. That said, I really do like what Sony has done with the PS4 and I might dip my foot into the water if the price comes down a bit.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, although I love gaming, these days that I've already grown I have more responsibilities. I have much more sensible things to do and sadly it doesn't include gaming anymore. So I simply think that buying it would just be a waste of my precious limited money. Besides, there are much more ways and cheaper ones to enjoy gaming and entertain myself like doing them on tablets or on laptops.

13. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    There have been way more console generations that didn't allow backwards compatibility than ones that did.. This isn't anything new..

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I didn't buy one and I decided to wait and until now I'm still sticking to my ps3 instead of buying a new console. My reason for this is that I haven't seen many games on the new consoles that interest me as of now and there are still lots of games I haven't played in the older console anyway. That, and buying a new one can be a bit costly and to me the trade off is not that much worth it for now.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The newest game console that I purchased was the Playstation 3. But I feel like it was a bit of a mistake, as there were only one or two games that I was interested in playing on the console. After completing those games, I have not found myself buying another game for the console. On top of that,t he newer games are not bing made for the ps3, and if they are, there are key features that are missing for the ps3 version, and the ps4 gets more game features, which I think is ridiculous.

16. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't buy them. Besides, I always let other people "gift" me consoles that I like. I mean that's what family's for right? To gift you consoles during the holidays or on your birthday :p

17. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Man, I can't remember how long I bought a game console (except for my laptop). I think the last game console I had was a PS2, and that was ages ago. I'm actually thinking of buying a PS4 since my friends are going crazy about it. I think they were playing an FPS (first person shooting) game of some sorts and they're asking me to join them. I don't think I'll buy a PS4 though since I've been pretty busy lately and it might just end up collecting dust in my room.

18. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. My PS3 has been collecting dust too. I do take it out and use it out of pity. I shifted to pc gaming and haven't really been interested in PS games since. Although, I still let my relatives buy me gaming consoles :D

19. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a good idea, and one that I have subscribed to in the past. I have not actually had the desire to get one of the more up to date consoles in a while. The last one was the PS3, but the time for that console has kind of passed us all by now. There just are not enough games for the ps4 that I want to play for me to justify purchasing one. But if there were, my family would buy it for me for a birthday or a christmas.

20. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have not bought a new console in a long time, because I consider gaming to be a complete waste of money. I know that there are plenty of people who don't agree with this, but the truth is that it just isn't really one of my main priorities at this time. I don't understand how people can spend so much money on consoles, knowing that they are then going to have to spend a lot of games too.