Did You Ever Have Any Problem With The Sizes Of Clothes Bought Online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by explorerx7 • Feb 16, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought clothes online from sites in the United States. I had ordered thinking I would be getting regular sizes, however, when I got them the sizes were like for small children.These sizes were fashioned of the Chinese stature, and we al know that they a mostly very small in size compared to Western folks. The most disappointing factor is the site never indicated that the sizes were Chinese fit.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have on a few occasions and for the most part it was exactly as you described. It's issues like that that lead to me only buying clothing online from a few places, that I know use sizing I'm familiar with...it's such a gamble otherwise.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have had problems with sizes when I have ordered from an online site. This is one reason I typically do not buy clothes online, at least not for myself. I do not usually have a problem ordering clothes online for my daughter since she is little. I prefer to be able to try on the clothes to see if they are going to fit properly and to see if they look good on me.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have when ordering from Chinese stores in particular, but as a general rule I prefer to buy in store. That way I know for certain before I have paid for it that it is the right size I need. It's rarely much more expensive anyway.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No matter where the clothes are from, if they don't have measurements, I won't buy them. Everywhere.. even most stores in the same area have different sizes. Measurements are much safer to go by. I never go by size online. Too risky.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The jeggings had caught my fancy. It is a kind of jeans that can hold up the bulging tummy. That's what I need that's why when my husband saw it on home shopping tv, he at once informed me. However, before I order online, I called up the dealer to ask what size I should get. They have small, medium, large sizes and I really don't know which would fit me. I informed the staff of my height and weight but yet she couldn't decide on what size. So until now I haven't bought that jeggings due to size issues.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely have issues that big, as in they definitely are not the right size. What does happen is that sometimes a size is a bit smaller or a bit larger than I'm used to and it ends up not fitting, but usually by very little.
    The key when buying clothes and shoes online is to purchase from websites with free and easy returns and exchanges.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most places have a size chart, because even in the US a Banana Republic size 6 will differ from a Forever 21 size. Sizes are not standard, and you must go by the actual measurements and the fit. Once you get used to it you will know what to look for, but in Asia the sizing is small, so normal European people are XL there.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought clothes that are also way too small for me because the pics online were misleading. They were 2nd hand clothes too, and the seller does not accept returns, so I am stuck with them. I just intend to resell them online to get back the money that I Iost.